+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Other Family Details - Medical Exam/PCC for parents and siblings is required?

bhush347

Jan 28, 2017
Dear All,
I have received the ITA and we are in process of filling out the application form for PR.
we are stuck at the question or section of Family details.

"Please tell us about XXX XXXX's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.
• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list."

should I include all my family members like parents and siblings and if I include them, do I need to submit or will IRCC ask for the medical exam and PCC for these listed other family members as well?

On the Canada official website : "https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html". it is given as below; therefore, we have confusion whether we should mention the parents and siblings in the Family section as other family member; because they will not take the medical exam or will not be able to provide the PCC.

"If you apply for permanent residence, you must have an immigration medical exam. Your family members must also have a medical exam, even if they’re not coming with you."

Please Note: Me and my spouse is going together and We have added our information and identifies into the rest of the application already. So under the other family member, we have put only parents and siblings as of now.

we would highly appreciate if experts or experienced, (people who has gone through the similar situation) could answer us asap. :)