+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original Proof of employment or copy

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi, I am sponsoring my wife who lives in India and I just sent off all the paperwork to CPC- Missisauga.

However, I realised that I sent only a printout of the proof of employment required to be provided by the sponsor (me).

In the checklist however, it says 18: Provide a 'original' letter of employment from your employer.....

Will my application package get returned since I did not provide the original but a copy of it? My employer allows me to download the letter from our internal website to avoid paper mails and so I just printed out my employment letter.

Pl advise

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Get your employer to sign and date an original letter of employment. Send that original and a photocopy of it to CPC-Mississauga. Also, include a cover letter explaining the error and kindly ask they add it to your file. Put your name, date of birth and client ID #(if you have one) on the letter to help them identify your application package.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi Senorita

I want to ask if this is indeed a very important point for CPC just to return my entire package? I mean, I did send a photocopy of the employment letter, past years T-4, recent payslips. Will they still just return the entire package (If I dont do as you recommend by sending a letter along with original letter)?

Pl advise.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I don't know whether they will return it or not. But you will agree it is better to be proactive now than leave it to chance?

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi Senorita

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you that we should be proactive.

I an just wary of creating more confusion by making them pull out of my file out of the que (in case I send something afterwards like in this case) and then that causing things to go out of natural rythm. If it is a big deal (sending a photocopy of the employment letter vs sending original), then I just want to leave it be. For eg: what if i worked for a company who does not give employment letter? I am sure CIC will accomodate such cases right? I also to be on safe side, did attach my latest 2 payslips and my past years T-4 (though checklist #18 says 1) proof of employment and/ or for past 12 months, provide proof of income).

Pl let me know your thoughts.

Dharahemant

Dec 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-09-2013
Passport Req..
18-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi roger set,
I just filed for my spousal sponsorship and had provided a copy of employment letter by mistake instead of the original one. I decided to wait until the cpc asks for original employment letter and got a reply yesterday that my file has been forwarded to new delhi for further processing. So I guess only at times they ask for original letter. You might get away with it. Don't worry if they require it they will ask for it. Hope it is helpful.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi Dharahemant

That is very encouraging to hear. Did you actually also send recent paystubs and/or Past year T-4? I am assuming you DID send Option C printout as well.

Dharahemant

Dec 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2013
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-09-2013
Passport Req..
18-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi,
I did send past year t4 but no recent pay stubs. Also I didn't have option c printout so wrote on a paper explaining my situation and provided them with my copy of filed tax returns. I was worried about that as we'll but they have not asked for it so far and I received an email yesterday stating they forwarded my file to NDVO. Hopefully they don't ask for it later on. Hope you will feel relaxed.

rogerset

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Hi Dhara

Could you pl tell me what your timelines are? Like when did you send in your application package to cpc-m and when did they reply to you that your file has been transferred? How long did you wait to hear from them back?