+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Original documents to bring for exam.

ongandy86

Jun 21, 2014
Hello fellow members,

I am excited to say that I have received an invitation to take the citizenship exam exam (April 2019 applicant).

On my letter it says to bring "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);"

On the checklist it includes things like photos, Online Physical Presence Calculator, Photocopies of passport; do I need to bring those?

Or just things like proof of English or original equivalent as found in the instruction guide? (e.g. original diploma or transcript, originial passport)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Thank you!

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hello fellow members,

I am excited to say that I have received an invitation to take the citizenship exam exam (April 2019 applicant).

On my letter it says to bring "all your original documents that support your citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form);"

On the checklist it includes things like photos, Online Physical Presence Calculator, Photocopies of passport; do I need to bring those?

Or just things like proof of English or original equivalent as found in the instruction guide? (e.g. original diploma or transcript, originial passport)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Thank you!
Hi
I have attended interview at Scarborough 5th Feb. Officer asked only for photo id (Photocopy of id) was sent with application. I have taken with Original passport, Health card (photo id), documentary evidence for language, CRA return copies , though copy of physical presence calculator was with the officer who was interviewing me. I further observed he was asking questions after seeing some notes from my file opened on his desktop. He simply checked my original photo id and not seen my passport though I was holding passport in my hands. From me he simply asked why I have traveled thrice to my native country during the eligibility period. On my reply that I have to attend social functions of daughters, brother and sister, then he just smiled and said OK your citizenship is approved and you will get oath invitation within 1 to 3 months, however, he also advised me to bring only 1 guest in oath ceremony. Except photo ID officer has not checked my passport or other documents.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hello fellow members,

Thank you!
I took everything from my application plus all the originals, CELPIP, WES, original docs etc..
I needed virtually none of it but everyone's experience may vary. At my oath for example, all I - and everyone else I saw - needed was the invitation letter and PR card. I saw other people with packs and CoPRs etc but none of them seemed to ever be examined.

But then, the email I got when my oath invite was delayed said I had to take two signed copies; I never got either and at the oath itself I (and again others) only had to sign one thing, the invite letter that stated you may be photographed.

ongandy86

Jun 21, 2014
Hi
I have attended interview at Scarborough 5th Feb. Officer asked only for photo id (Photocopy of id) was sent with application. I have taken with Original passport, Health card (photo id), documentary evidence for language, CRA return copies , though copy of physical presence calculator was with the officer who was interviewing me. I further observed he was asking questions after seeing some notes from my file opened on his desktop. He simply checked my original photo id and not seen my passport though I was holding passport in my hands. From me he simply asked why I have traveled thrice to my native country during the eligibility period. On my reply that I have to attend social functions of daughters, brother and sister, then he just smiled and said OK your citizenship is approved and you will get oath invitation within 1 to 3 months, however, he also advised me to bring only 1 guest in oath ceremony. Except photo ID officer has not checked my passport or other documents.
Thank you for that information Chrisstina. I am taking my exam in Scarborough too in two weeks time.

ongandy86

Jun 21, 2014
I took everything from my application plus all the originals, CELPIP, WES, original docs etc..
I needed virtually none of it but everyone's experience may vary. At my oath for example, all I - and everyone else I saw - needed was the invitation letter and PR card. I saw other people with packs and CoPRs etc but none of them seemed to ever be examined.

But then, the email I got when my oath invite was delayed said I had to take two signed copies; I never got either and at the oath itself I (and again others) only had to sign one thing, the invite letter that stated you may be photographed.
Thank you jc94 I think I will bring all originals and photocopies then.