+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Organising a protest against Citizenship Act Bill C-24

Feb 9, 2014
A protest is important, in the meantime, please sign the petition to withdraw citizenship bill C-24.

Please take a minute to look at the proposed changes to the citizenship law and sign the petition to have bill C 24 withdrawn.

change.org/en-CA/petitions/withdraw-bill-c-24

Please share it with your friends.

Please feel free to share background information on this bill prepared by the Canadian Association of Refugee Lawyers (CARL) found at the following link:
carl-acaadr.ca/articles/70

Thank you

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
I think it is a very good idea to organise a prtes or manifestation . Those immigrants who work in laws firms can organize such protest according to the laws here and there is no risk of arresting anybody.If anybody announce about manifesattions we will participate .

Sign the link

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/withdraw-bill-c-24-honour-the-charter-or-rights-freedoms

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think, a series of protests is a good idea. Say, in GTA, we can protest near Costas Menegakis' office. In other areas I'm sure we can also find reasonable spots.

However, I think, we should wait for a better timing:
1. It makes more sense to have protests right before next parliament hearings on the bill.
2. It makes some sense to wait for an official response from the Conservative party to our petition. Because we have some degree of support from several of their MPs. And I just want to point out, there is no official response from them at the moment. However, if this one takes too long, it wouldn't matter any more.

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
taleodor said:
I think, a series of protests is a good idea. Say, in GTA, we can protest near Costas Menegakis' office. In other areas I'm sure we can also find reasonable spots.

However, I think, we should wait for a better timing:
1. It makes more sense to have protests right before next parliament hearings on the bill.
2. It makes some sense to wait for an official response from the Conservative party to our petition. Because we have some degree of support from several of their MPs. And I just want to point out, there is no official response from them at the moment. However, if this one takes too long, it wouldn't matter any more.
It seems that Costas Menegakis is the principal engineer for this Bill !!!! he was defending it strongly in the second reading. It worths to go and protest in ront of his office