+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Options for PGWP holders

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
One thing we all need to realize that Immigration of Canada doesn't want all the PGWP holders to settle in Ontario. They want us to move to less populated provinces.
Makes sense. One thing came in my mind, there was a statement (I can't find link right now) that said "a portion of Provincial Nominee Programs". I wonder if in future they start to slow down on selecting Provincially Nominated candidates?

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valar morghulis said:
Makes sense. One thing came in my mind, there was a statement (I can't find link right now) that said "a portion of Provincial Nominee Programs". I wonder if in future they start to slow down on selecting Provincially Nominated candidates?
They will not slow down for atleast another 5 years. There is still labour demand in other provinces. You can compare the job postings in Toronto and Saskatoon for example. The required qualification in SK is way less than the one in ON as there is less supply in SK whereas in ON one needs to be over qualified and still there is over supply. Its all demand and supply theory.

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
They will not slow down for atleast another 5 years. There is still labour demand in other provinces. You can compare the job postings in Toronto and Saskatoon for example. The required qualification in SK is way less than the one in ON as there is less supply in SK whereas in ON one needs to be over qualified and still there is over supply. Its all demand and supply theory.
Thanks for the help. I am starting to look into what provinces are offering. Good Luck!

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valar morghulis said:
Thanks for your valuable comment. I am currently employed on a PGWP and have one year and one month of experience. My current CRS score is 379 and am waiting for my ECA results which will improve my score to 433.

Can you please help me guiding how to get ECA?
What is process and What we need from College. I have degree, market and detail transcript with me.

Please

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
music44 said:
Can you please help me guiding how to get ECA?
What is process and What we need from College. I have degree, market and detail transcript with me.

Please
Just google it man. This question has been asked 1000's of time on this website.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
There is another option. There are some immigration Consultants who can get you LMIA for aroung 5 to 6K. Start looking for those options as well.
This information is, at best, incomplete; at worst, illegal. :(

An immigration consultant can NOT "get you an LMIA.", neither for love nor for money. Only a company who can not fill vacancies after attempting to recruit Canadians or PRs can apply for & eventually successfully obtain an LMIA.

Some, very few *reputable*, recruitment agencies work with *reputable* companies who can get LMIAs because they legitimately need to recruit foreign workers.

Some *reputable & legal* (Google ICCRC) immigration consultants work with above mentioned recruitment agencies & employers.

A recruitment agency can neither guarantee you a job, nor an LMIA. Vice versa for an immigration consultant.

There are, in many provinces, strict regulations about what services a recruitment agency can charge you for.

(Hints: free services to candidates. Google is your friend ;)!)

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
This information is, at best, incomplete; at worst, illegal. :(

An immigration consultant can NOT "get you an LMIA.", neither for love nor for money. Only a company who can not fill vacancies after attempting to recruit Canadians or PRs can apply for & eventually successfully obtain an LMIA.

Some, very few *reputable*, recruitment agencies work with *reputable* companies who can get LMIAs because they legitimately need to recruit foreign workers.

Some *reputable & legal* (Google ICCRC) immigration consultants work with above mentioned recruitment agencies & employers.

A recruitment agency can neither guarantee you a job, nor an LMIA. Vice versa for an immigration consultant.

There are, in many provinces, strict regulations about what services a recruitment agency can charge you for.

(Hints: free services to candidates. Google is your friend ;)!)
Talking about illegal look whose talking. Why are you offended. You are probably a consultant and that's why you are defending.
Read my post again and with proper attention. I just advised to see a consultant and some consultants have LMIA approved jobs and they charge consultancy fee for that.
How is it illegal when the job is approved through LMIA through govt. One has to work with that employer for certain duration as described in the LMIA agreement.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
john1818 said:
Talking about illegal look whose talking. Why are you offended. You are probably a consultant and that's why you are defending.
Read my post again and with proper attention. I just advised to see a consultant and some consultants have LMIA approved jobs and they charge consultancy fee for that.
How is it illegal when the job is approved through LMIA through govt. One has to work with that employer for certain duration as described in the LMIA agreement.
Unnamed LMIA.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
I am/was not offended. I am not, have never been, & will never be an immigration consultant. :)

I'm an immigrant - many years ago- to Canada, who was and still is very grateful for the opportunity. I'm new to this board. I'm here to share experience & knowledge, which I do in Real Life as a volunteer.

I will admit to being a pedant, language/terminology -wise ;).

Your post stuck a negative chord with me ("paying" for LMIA), but I may have misread it. I will go back & re-read. My response was not a personal attack on you. I'm sorry you saw it that way.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
I am/was not offended. I am not, have never been, & will never be an immigration consultant. :)

I'm an immigrant - many years ago- to Canada, who was and still is very grateful for the opportunity. I'm new to this board. I'm here to share experience & knowledge, which I do in Real Life as a volunteer.

I will admit to being a pedant, language/terminology -wise ;).

Your post stuck a negative chord with me ("paying" for LMIA), but I may have misread it. I will go back & re-read. My response was not a personal attack on you. I'm sorry you saw it that way.
That's all right bud, no harsh feelings. A lot of CEC eligible candidates are tensed sinced the first draw. I am also one of them.
I was suggesting different options which I beleive are worth to try at this time.
All the PGWP holders whose WP is about to expire in the distant future have been mistreated by the colleges and then the Immigration of Canada.
College deligates were very nice when they were in our homeland selling their education "Plans" to us and we were promised that Canadian education and work experience will give us a stronger chance of getting Permanent Residence. But now after spending 10's of 1000's of dollars in the education and in addition to that having Canadian work experience we don't stand a chance in EE. There is no difference between us and the other people who want to apply for PR from outside Canada.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
john1818 said:
That's all right bud, no harsh feelings.
Phew :lol: !!

A lot of CEC eligible candidates are tensed sinced the first draw. I am also one of them.
I was suggesting different options which I beleive are worth to try at this time.
All the PGWP holders whose WP is about to expire in the distant future have been mistreated by the colleges and then the Immigration of Canada.
College deligates were very nice when they were in our homeland selling their education "Plans" to us and we were promised that Canadian education and work experience will give us a stronger chance of getting Permanent Residence. But now after spending 10's of 1000's of dollars in the education and in addition to that having Canadian work experience we don't stand a chance in EE. There is no difference between us and the other people who want to apply for PR from outside Canada.
I understand that. I really do. (CEC/PGWP). I'm truly sympathetic. However: do I think PGWP have been left high & dry?

Yes, sort of, because previous immigration options gave them a by/fast track to PR.

No, because their study permits/PGWP clearly indicated an expiry date/agreement to return to home country, & the "fast track/PR" option was a plus.

immigration laws/rules in any country can and do change without notice. Take, as an example, Spouse visa requirements for the UK since 2012 :(. Or Canada trashing 10s of thousands of FSW applications at a similar period.

Do I agree with all that? No. Do I learn to accept & adapt? yes, unfortunately, I/we/you have to :(.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
Phew :lol: !!

I understand that. I really do. (CEC/PGWP). I'm truly sympathetic. However: do I think PGWP have been left high & dry?

Yes, sort of, because previous immigration options gave them a by/fast track to PR.

No, because their study permits/PGWP clearly indicated an expiry date/agreement to return to home country, & the "fast track/PR" option was a plus.

immigration laws/rules in any country can and do change without notice. Take, as an example, Spouse visa requirements for the UK since 2012 :(. Or Canada trashing 10s of thousands of FSW applications at a similar period.

Do I agree with all that? No. Do I learn to accept & adapt? yes, unfortunately, I/we/you have to :(.
Thanks for your sympathy. I understand its better to mold then to criticize but what would you say about these comments on this petition page. Just go throug some of the comments on this page.

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-candidates-on-open-work-permits-and-working-in-canada-need-more-visibility-in-express-entry-system?recruiter=224649036&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition