+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Option to omit spouse from application

simplytuff

Apr 28, 2015
In CRS tool and while creating EE Profile after selecting that you are married The following question is asked

2) ii. Is your spouse/common-law partner coming with you?

Does this mean we have option to omit our spouse from the application even though we are married? As its making a huge impact on my application, If I select my spouse is not coming with me I get 478 Points and with spouse I get 448

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible. If you choose to do this and land an ITA on this basis, your spouse won't be able to accompany you in the event of you getting a PR.

You'll have to get them over on a spousal sponsorship later and that has a waiting time of 12-24 months.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
It is possible. If you choose to do this and land an ITA on this basis, your spouse won't be able to accompany you in the event of you getting a PR.

You'll have to get them over on a spousal sponsorship later and that has a waiting time of 12-24 months.
Is this true? If you say you are married, but your spouse is not coming with you, then you get the same points for things as a single person? That doesn't make sense to me.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Is this true? If you say you are married, but your spouse is not coming with you, then you get the same points for things as a single person? That doesn't make sense to me.
I haven't done that experiment so I can't confirm if points will be given considering the PA as a single person. But I did answer the OP's question of whether spouse can be omitted in the affirmative as that is indeed possible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't be approved for PR unless your spouse also passes the medical, security and background checks (including providing PCCs). It doesn't matter whether your spouse is accompanying or non-accompanying.

kaku2011

Nov 17, 2015
Dear everyone:

I have also similar issue. I live in Canada with my spouse in temporary work permit. If I don't include my spouse in EE profile, my CRS score will be 450+, as her IELTS is very poor. What do you guys advice me? If I proceed by saying I am married but my spouse is not accompanying me at this time, will it matter? I mean, if I omit her, can I get PR and sponsor her while she is still in Canada? My main concern is we are currently in Canada. Is there anyone in this forum who is in similar situation? Please any advice is very much appreciated.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
I haven't done that experiment so I can't confirm if points will be given considering the PA as a single person. But I did answer the OP's question of whether spouse can be omitted in the affirmative as that is indeed possible.
yes, Asivad is right. And, yes, a married person can be on equal footing in CRS points as a single person if the answer to "is spouse accompanying you" is No. The key question is - are you, as married person, willing to stay from your spouse for long duration while you are waiting for her PR to be processed and willing to take the risks of bringing her to Canada in a TRV, which is given only for 6 months duration maximum. If you have kids, you then have to decide who would the kids stay with, in this period of uncertainty.

From CIC point of view, right now, the policy provides 600 points maximum for an individual, whether he is married or unmarried. In case of accompanying spouse, 40 points are deducted from his individual points and 40 are added for Spousal qualifications, IELTS and Canadian experience. There is parity in this, as per current policy.

nedved13

Star Member
Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
TEF 02-02-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2016
scylla said:
Yes - it's the same.

You can't be approved for PR unless your spouse also passes the medical, security and background checks (including providing PCCs). It doesn't matter whether your spouse is accompanying or non-accompanying.
Police certificate is also required for non accompagning spouse ? thx

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
nedved13 said:
Police certificate is also required for non accompagning spouse ? thx
yes and medical too...

eagle16

Oct 1, 2015
guys! i need help for my friend, he got refused from his 1st application due to incomplete documents... now he re-apply ang got his ITA from the last draw,he has family backhome and his wife has a medical issues, he is planning not to include his wife with his application... do you guys have any idea if that will affect his application? what's the best thing to do? thank you

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
To sum it up..

Whether the spouse and dependent children are accompanying or not, the following are required for the dependent members.

1) Medical test
2) PCC for all countries where S/he has stayed for 6 months or more. PCC for children >18 years old. Birth Certificate of children.
3) Proof of funds for the entire family (Spouse+kids)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
eagle16 said:
guys! i need help for my friend, he got refused from his 1st application due to incomplete documents... now he re-apply ang got his ITA from the last draw,he has family backhome and his wife has a medical issues, he is planning not to include his wife with his application... do you guys have any idea if that will affect his application? what's the best thing to do? thank you
His wife still needs to take and pass the medical. It doesn't matter that she is non-accompanying. If his wife fails the medical the entire application will be refused.

eagle16

Oct 1, 2015
ok so its better for him to wait for her wife until she pass the medical exam before he apply again?

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
eagle16 said:
ok so its better for him to wait for her wife until she pass the medical exam before he apply again?
He has to apply alongwith his wife's medicals. So yes, he should wait for his wife to take her medicals.