+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Option C- Notice of Assessment

goodingoct

Jul 22, 2014
Pollen said:
I called the CRA I asked about it they said they can send it out through regular mail. It was actually pretty easy to get it compared to other things you just have to keep calling until you get through! I called 1-800-959-8281 took 3 tries to get through! Much easier than trying to get a person on the CIC 1-800 number!
Tnx pollen

Oh i see, but how long should i wait after submit my option c print out
and will they send me an email for PPR?
I am worried because our medical exam will expire this coming on oct. 29, 2014..
how is this?
Are they gonna request for re- med then waiting for a long long process again? ??? So sad and alarming, i don't know if our papers will approved or we'll get denied? Is there a possibility to get my visa approved? Help me pls....

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Mrs.Houli said:
Now I'm confused... Notice of Assessment and Option-C aren't the same? I need clarification please...
you are correct, the option c is NOT the same as a NOA. CIC will only accept an original Option C, the NOA will not provide the information they are looking for, and it's not considered an appropriate "alternative" to the option c.

The most common reason a sponsor wouldn't supply an option C would be because they are not living/working in Canada. If the sponsor is living/working in canada, i suspect the option c will be requested in order to complete sponsorship eligiblity. CIC uses this form to confirm whether the sponsor has used social assistance in the previous 12 months. Since it IS possible to work AND receive these benefits, it's usually not enough for a sponsor currently living and working in canada to just supply paystubs. I highly doubt "not paying taxes for a couple of years" will suffice CIC as to why an option C was not submitted. For spousal sponsorship, CIC doesn't care how much the sponsor makes, they only care about whether it's likely they will seek social welfare upon the applicant's PR approval.

what specifically are you looking for clarification about?

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
Mrs.Houli said:
Now I'm confused... Notice of Assessment and Option-C aren't the same? I need clarification please...
Option c printout is a more detailed notice of assessment. Just call 18009598281 and request for it. They told me it'll take about 10 working days.

Mrs.Houli

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you for responses. We are now completing our application and trying to send off this month. My husband already requested Notice of Assessment. I thought Option C and NOA are the same. If I'm not mistaken my husband received EI for a year since August 2012. He just started his new job last January 1014. Do you think he needs to request Option C or NOA will be enough? Should we just need a letter of explanation.TIA

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
The required document on the checklist is an option c form, it is not an NOA. the NOA is not enough. the NOA won't have the information thy are looking for. the time it takes you to get an option c form will be minimal compared to the delay in processing because the directions were not properly followed.

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
Mrs.Houli said:
Forgot to say Thank you to CLYL :)
Anytime :). I'm in the process of collecting documents for my application too. I expect to be applying in November/December once we have the marriage certificate, police clearance and medical exam. It's good to know there's a supportive community here =)

Pollen

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
20-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
Update: I still haven't received mine through the mail. Will give it another week and if there is still nothing I will call again.

goodingoct

Jul 22, 2014
goodingoct said:
Tnx pollen

Done submitting all the documents needed... Just waiting for the PPR, i paid already $490.
Still waiting and still wondering why is it taking so long to receive an email for PPR?

Thank you for your reply :)

goodingoct

Jul 22, 2014
Pollen said:
I called the CRA I asked about it they said they can send it out through regular mail. It was actually pretty easy to get it compared to other things you just have to keep calling until you get through! I called 1-800-959-8281 took 3 tries to get through! Much easier than trying to get a person on the CIC 1-800 number!
Hi, good day!

I'm just wondering why, done submitting all the requirements and paid the RPRF, medical is done, still no passport request yet. I emailed the agency, asking if It is possible to land in canada this year end?

The agency replied that

Unfortunately, CIC has provided a time quote of 17 months to finalize all PR PNP applications. If they go quicker, it will be at their discretion. It is within their power to take up to 17 months.

Our application was filed on September 12, 2014. As such, CIC can take until February 2015 to finalize our application.

Using the above as indicators, they would say that my family stands a chance of NOT arriving by the end of the year.

So sad... This makes me disappointed and feel worried, is there a big chance to land us in canada?
i appreciate all your reply... Thank you and God Bless Us all, dear friends!

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
I received mine and sent out the application right away. Took exact 10 days as they had told me over the phone.

I called CIC as well, and the guy told me that my application could be considered incomplete if I don't include it. I didn't want to risk it so had to wait a bit before I mailed out my application.

goodingoct

Jul 22, 2014
I am confused, after that finalization, what's next? What will i expect about finalization.?
we completed all the documents needed... But is there a big chance to get our visa granted?

Tnx... For the reply warzo :)

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
There is also this number for outside of canada 613-940-8495, I honestly can't remember what number I called but it did take me forever to figure it out and get on the phone with them. But yes, it asks for an Option C, I know it's practically the same as the NOA but it's what they want and you have to give them what they want. Once you're on the phone with them it's easy though, I'm in Australia and I think it took about a week for mine