+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunities Ontario PNP - Timeline

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hi there - who has applied for the Ontario PNP this year and would be willing to share their timeline?

I am thinking about talking my employer into supporting me...
but I am wondering if there is any chance to cut the 3 months + 3 months
processing time until one receives the provincial nomination down to maybe 3-4 months???

Is there even a chance to apply for this years program? Or is the program already closed for this year?

Thanks all!!!!!
Brigit

Sep 20, 2008
go ahead and apply, your occupation must meet A B or 0 level requirement, in addition your occupation must be in one of the listed occupation opportunities ontario supports. So check their list if your occupation is there or not, what happens is your employer will send your paper work to O.O. it involves lot of their personal info about the business such as their tax return papers, their business land papers, answering question about such as why they wanna retain you etc etc but your major pre requisite is your occupation in their list. Once your employer is approved then they send your package to your employer then you fill it up and send them and done. Whole process may take 60-120 days from initial step taken from your employer to your nomination. Hope it helps :) btw O.O is LMO free your nomination is sufficient to get your CIC federal class application done

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
endlessecho2003 said:
go ahead and apply, your occupation must meet A B or 0 level requirement, in addition your occupation must be in one of the listed occupation opportunities ontario supports. So check their list if your occupation is there or not, what happens is your employer will send your paper work to O.O. it involves lot of their personal info about the business such as their tax return papers, their business land papers, answering question about such as why they wanna retain you etc etc but your major pre requisite is your occupation in their list. Once your employer is approved then they send your package to your employer then you fill it up and send them and done. Whole process may take 60-120 days from initial step taken from your employer to your nomination. Hope it helps :) btw O.O is LMO free your nomination is sufficient to get your CIC federal class application done
Hi Echo,

I believe you applied under the old system before February 2009?

The program changed - now all occupations of NOC 0, A and B are applicable!

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/English/documents/Opportunities_Ontario_Backgrounder_En.pdf

February 20, 2009

The Ontario Pilot Provincial Nominee Program became Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (Opportunities Ontario) on February 20, 2009.

Opportunities Ontario can nominate up to a maximum of 1,000 newcomers in 2009, many of whom are expected to be accompanied by their immediate family members. All prospective nominees must have full-time permanent job offers from pre-approved employers in a NOC 0, A or B occupation in order to be eligible.

Applications are processed on a first-come-first-served basis subject to the program criteria. Employers should apply early, as the number of potential nominations is limited.

Sep 20, 2008
oh wow lot of things changed they used to have selected occupation for foreign workers, so that means you meet the pre - req. go ahead and ask your employer if they're willing to apply for you, well I applied as an international student. good luck :)

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Thanks echo!!!

Does maybe anyone else know if there are still Ontario PNP nominations available??
There is a max of 1000 nominees... and we are in May already...

Thanks so much!

Brigit

Sep 20, 2008
okay the thing is you shouldn't be worrying too much about the quota, let your employer send the paper work cuz their is no fee involved at this initial stage. If your employer is approved only then you will be asked to pay the fee which is around $ 1500 and I don't see any reason they deny you based on quota when your employer is already approved, hope this helps :)

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
endlessecho2003 said:
okay the thing is you shouldn't be worrying too much about the quota, let your employer send the paper work cuz their is no fee involved at this initial stage. If your employer is approved only then you will be asked to pay the fee which is around $ 1500 and I don't see any reason they deny you based on quota when your employer is already approved, hope this helps :)
Hi Echo!
I shouldn't worry? Well.... Worrying is my core competency :eek:)

And of course I have to have a strong case in order to talk my employer into making all this effort and paying the fee of 2000 $ (we are located in Toronto/GTA). My HR Director will want to see some proof that all this effort has a good chance for a positive outcome. Especially after they spend 2k already on the LMO application...

Also I truly believe that if the OOPNP homepage says "maximum of 1000 nominees" that means that they only nominate 1000 employees per year. It doesnt matter if your employer is preapproved or not. If the boat is full - its full...

I am really nervous cause today my visa expired, I am on implied status and might have to leave Canada by end of June... so... I guess no wonder that worrying is all I do these days! :eek:)

but thank you very much for helping me out here...
Have a lovely sunny Sunday
Brigit