+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open wrok permit application process

anns

Oct 1, 2012
Hi

I am currently in Canada with 'Visitor' status (ICT/Work Permit Dependent) and I am eligible to apply for Spousal OWP. I applied for OWP (inland and online) on Sep 3. Could someone help me with applicaion process?

When applied I got a message from CIC informing 'After CIC processes your Online Application, you will receive a document with a client identification number (client ID)'. Is that all? or do I have to wait more for receiving the actual OWP?

I already have a client id for my Visitor status. From the current processing time I can understand CIC starts processing my application sometime by Oct end. From then onwards how long does it really take for the entire process to be completed?

Currently my application is one among the other Work Permit applications. There was no space to mention it is an 'Open' WP when i appied it online. I half expected mine to be processed faster compared to other WP applications because its an Open WP and i applied online and inland. Is that the case?

Please advise

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anns said:
When applied I got a message from CIC informing 'After CIC processes your Online Application, you will receive a document with a client identification number (client ID)'. Is that all? or do I have to wait more for receiving the actual OWP?
Yes you have to wait for the OWP, it will be mailed to the address you specified on the online application form.

I already have a client id for my Visitor status. From the current processing time I can understand CIC starts processing my application sometime by Oct end. From then onwards how long does it really take for the entire process to be completed?
The current processing times are listed here. Processing as of today applications submitted July 28.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

Currently my application is one among the other Work Permit applications. There was no space to mention it is an 'Open' WP when i appied it online. I half expected mine to be processed faster compared to other WP applications because its an Open WP and i applied online and inland. Is that the case?

Please advise
Not in all cases - it is technically treated as a regular WP application in processing, the difference, there are no conditions restricting being employed by another company and requires lesser supporting documentation.

anns

Oct 1, 2012
Thanks.. that was really helpful.

I already have a client id with my 'Visitor' status? Do you think this will remain the same throughout the processing of my OWP application as well. Or do they mail me a different client id?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anns said:
Thanks.. that was really helpful.

I already have a client id with my 'Visitor' status? Do you think this will remain the same throughout the processing of my OWP application as well. Or do they mail me a different client id?
Expect this to remain the same and to be used in all your transactions/applications with CIC.
This the same one you used when you applied online (as reflected on MyCIC), right?

anns

Oct 1, 2012
I dont remember entering the client id when i made the application and couldnt find the client id reflected anywhere in MyCIC. But I have attached the passport/immigration paper which contains the existing client id.

When i tried calling MyCIC (888-242-2100 - 128) with the existing client id it gives me nothing. And the 'Agent is always busy to take up the call' :(

If i choose 126(visitor) it says 'Application Submitted on May' which i guess is the initial application we made for 'Visitor' status which infact I have it with me now. (So i expected it to say something like 'Processed and Sent)

Mine was subitted only on Sep 3, may be i have to more patient and try after 2-3 weeks.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anns said:
I dont remember entering the client id when i made the application and couldnt find the client id reflected anywhere in MyCIC. But I have attached the passport/immigration paper which contains the existing client id.

When i tried calling MyCIC (888-242-2100 - 128) with the existing client id it gives me nothing. And the 'Agent is always busy to take up the call' :(

If i choose 126(visitor) it says 'Application Submitted on May' which i guess is the initial application we made for 'Visitor' status which infact I have it with me now. (So i expected it to say something like 'Processed and Sent)

Mine was subitted only on Sep 3, may be i have to more patient and try after 2-3 weeks.
Yup. You may have to wait a bit. In any case, you should have a receipt email on MyCIC also when you sent the application.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
how is your application going? my husband is planning to do that too to apply for the open work permit here in canada but to enter under TRV. How long will it take?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@anns-so you waited only a month for your work permit? If you dont mind me asking what forms did you fill out?

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@anns-so come as temporary resident visa? I will messge you privately

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosellyalung said:
@ anns-so come as temporary resident visa? I will messge you privately
Hi
I m in Canada work permit status skilled category. I am planning to apply for my spouse n 1 years baby as visitor visa .so my concern is I can apply online for them from Canada or my spouse is the one apply from her side her home country? Little bit confuse.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
My husband applied for trv back in singapore bec he is PR from there, if u want to apply them for open work permit they can apply back in your home country