Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
24-06-2016
Interview........
17-8-2016
LANDED..........
17-8-2016
My friend from the UK and his Canadian husband decided to apply for sponsorship and sent in an application for PR and an open wp (the pilot program which ends this Dec.) However after all had been sent in he realised there was a missing document for the work permit and underpaid by $100. Once he called CIC they informed him of this and he has now sent in the missing document and the $100 for the work permit.

So my questions is, will they re-access the original work permit application or will he have to wait the whole 17 months without working?

Any advise on the situation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's been no indication that the program will not continue beyond Dec 22nd, due to it's [apparent] success for everyone, including CIC's `bottom line'. I'd be surprised if they cancel this program.

Most people that underpaid the OWP fee, had their OWP form returned and had to re-submit it with the correct payment...while some have been lucky enough to NOT have it returned, as long as CIC could see that the deficit had been paid. Once again, it seems to be hit and miss as to what their official policy is for this.

As long as he still had legal status on the day that CIC received the updated payment...and if it its not returned, he'll be fine.