+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open work work permit

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hello All,
My wife is on post study work permit and I am in London thinking of joining her in Canada. though i have been rejected twice on TRV when she was a student but i wish to know if there is any chance of being granted this time as she is still searching for skilled job.please help with useful information.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
gimmyle said:
Hello All,
My wife is on post study work permit and I am in London thinking of joining her in Canada. though i have been rejected twice on TRV when she was a student but i wish to know if there is any chance of being granted this time as she is still searching for skilled job.please help with useful information.
Hi

If your wife doesn't currently have a NOC 0, A or B job, you do not qualify for an Open Work Permit.

As for applying again for a TRV, have your own circumstances changed since the previous TRV refusals? Have you addressed the reasons given by CIC in the refusal letters? If not, there is no point in applying for a third time.

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
thanks for your reply. the main reason of refusal was travel history, purpose of travel and insufficient ties in country of resident and Canada.
I have written a purpose letter and i have travelled to different countries which reflected on my passport and i have a permanent job in my country of residence and my family are in Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
gimmyle said:
thanks for your reply. the main reason of refusal was travel history, purpose of travel and insufficient ties in country of resident and Canada.
I have written a purpose letter and i have travelled to different countries which reflected on my passport and i have a permanent job in my country of residence and my family are in Canada.
Is it just your spouse in Canada or do you have lots of other family there? Having lots of family in Canada is a red flag for CIC, as it is more cause for you to overstay.

Were you required to apply for visas to travel to these other countries? CIC wants to see that you have been granted visas and not overstayed them.

Highlight the permanent job, try to get a notarized letter from your employer stating that you will be on holiday for X time and back to work on X date.

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
thanks for your message. Actually, it is my wife and my daughter that lives there at the moment and regarding the letter from employment i think u are right because the first time i apply with a letter stating as you said it was granted but the problem with my new employer is that he only want to confirm i have annual leave and i will try to convince him. thanks

Guri27891

Apr 18, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have applied for my spouse OPW on july 19 2018 it was prosseing time of 11 weeks now i recently checked its been 17 weeks? I have just recieve my federal file number last month. Should i consider for 11 week or 17 weeks? Application is from India. Im currently in AB

Sep 26, 2018
Firstly, huge thank u to everyone that’s part of this forum it’s a support system almost got applicants while waitin on final response from cic. What I wanted to ask was if there’s anyone here that has traveled outside of Canada while their inland sponsorship application was being processed...I sponsored my husband who just obtained his open work permit...