+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit

New Delhi

Aug 25, 2020
My spouse is in Canada on a work permit and I hold a dependent visa (visitor). I applied for open work permit in March 2020 and the last update I received on my application was in May, confirming the status of my medical examination. There has been no update since then.

If I travel to Canada in September 2020 on visitor visa with my open work permit application still pending, what will be the process to get my open work permit if my application is approved while I'm in Canada?

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
My spouse is in Canada on a work permit and I hold a dependent visa (visitor). I applied for open work permit in March 2020 and the last update I received on my application was in May, confirming the status of my medical examination. There has been no update since then.

If I travel to Canada in September 2020 on visitor visa with my open work permit application still pending, what will be the process to get my open work permit if my application is approved while I'm in Canada?
Due to the pandemic, as far as I know canadian borders are still not open for visitors. Even if you have an open WP I´m not sure if they´ll let you in unless you already have a job offer at this point.

Reactions: PAINKILLER28

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You don’t meet the travel restrictions and will need special permission to travel once you get your SOWP.

New Delhi

Aug 25, 2020
Assuming I get the special permission to travel and my SOWP gets approved after I reach Canada. Can I receive the permit without having to leave Canada?