+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit

pilot70

Jan 7, 2014
I am a professional currently residing in the UK. I am thinking of applying for Open Work Permit to Canada. I went through the assessment questionaires. The result showed that I can apply for open work permit. The confusing bit is that the list of documents required showed letter from intending employer. But in the questionaire, I answered that I have not got any job in Canada. So, if I want to apply, how do I deal with the issue of letter from employer bit. Many thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
On what basis are you applying for an open work permit? Based on the information you have provided - you don't qualify.

Open work permits are only granted in very specific situations (e.g. you have been sponsored by your Canadian spouse for permanent residency using the inland process and your application has received first stage approval, you have a spouse working in Canada on a temporary work permit in an occupation that is classified as A, B or 0).

Based on the information you have provided, if you want to apply for a work permit in Canada, you first need to find an employer who is willing to offer you a job, that employer must then obtain an approved Labour Market Opinion and then you will be able to apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.

Linda A Perez

Dec 30, 2013
A work permit will not be issued for persons who come to Canada in search of a job.It will be issued only once the offer of employment has been made.