+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit to Study Permit

ad_naz07

Mar 19, 2024
Hi all,

I have an Open Work Permit secured via my husband's employer. Although we received the Work Permits in November 2023, we haven't travelled to Canada yet. In February 2024, I was also accepted into a Canadian university. I need to get a study permit before classes start in September. Does anyone know what would happen to the work permit if I am granted a study permit? Will it be immediately cancelled or will I have the work permit until the study permit is in effect? Also, is the process (and processing time) different for conversion of work permit to a study permit?

Thanks in advance!

Sraeji

May 8, 2021
Hello I am with the same situation where
I am currently on PGWP and submitted my spousal application, my husband is a Canadian citizen. My work permit will expire June 2nd, 2024 and I will be applying for S0WP to maintain status and continue working. I also have an offer letter that I have received from a Canadian university for a master's program for September. So, I was wondering if I will be able to submit my study permit application sometime later while I am in applied status for SOWP from inside Canada?