+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - SCLPC Class Question (Urgent!)

kakashi741

Jan 1, 2016
Hi All,

I am a Canadian and my wife is Taiwanese. She is living with me here in Canada and we've applied for SCLPC-in land in Sept 2015, and we submitted the Open Work Permit Application in Oct 2015.

The SCLPC application was returned to me in Dec 2015 due to missing documents. We've resubmitted the SCLPC application within a week and CIC should receive it in Jan 4th 2016.

The question now is what will happen to the OWP application? Will I still get my OWP? or it will likely get rejected and we will have to submit a OWP application again?

Thanks!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakashi741 said:
Hi All,

I am a Canadian and my wife is Taiwanese. She is living with me here in Canada and we've applied for SCLPC-in land in Sept 2015, and we submitted the Open Work Permit Application in Oct 2015.

The SCLPC application was returned to me in Dec 2015 due to missing documents. We've resubmitted the SCLPC application within a week and CIC should receive it in Jan 4th 2016.

The question now is what will happen to the OWP application? Will I still get my OWP? or it will likely get rejected and we will have to submit a OWP application again?

Thanks!
Since your inland application have been returned, most likely your OWP application will be refused (unless they will process it after the new application is in and they will be able delay and link all the info together, which is not that likely). The recommended way is to send your OWP application together with the inland sponsorship application.

kakashi741

Jan 1, 2016
Thanks. Do you think if I call CIC and explain the situation, they would still issue OWP since I've already resubmitted myPR application and they should've already arrived at CIC? Right now it is only 2 months after I've sent in my OWP so I suppose they haven't began processing it yet.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakashi741 said:
Thanks. Do you think if I call CIC and explain the situation, they would still issue OWP since I've already resubmitted myPR application and they should've already arrived at CIC? Right now it is only 2 months after I've sent in my OWP so I suppose they haven't began processing it yet.
I don't think anyone can answer this question, but it doesn't hurt to give it a try. Good luck.