+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit (OWP) question for SCLPC class (Urgent)

kakashi741

Jan 1, 2016
Hi Guys,

I've submitted the open work permit application following the PR application in Oct 2015. the PR application was returned to me in Dec 2015 due to missing documents. We have since replaced the missing paper and resubmitted the PR.

The OWP application was refused today and their reason was my PR application was returned (apparently they haven't uploaded the new PR application in the system yet)

my question now is:

Can I still use the same OWP recepit number again for new submission? or can I ask for a refund for the old OWP application and then pay and submit a new OWP application again? or the money is gone and I need to pay again.

Thanks!

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
kakashi741 said:
Hi Guys,

I've submitted the open work permit application following the PR application in Oct 2015. the PR application was returned to me in Dec 2015 due to missing documents. We have since replaced the missing paper and resubmitted the PR.

The OWP application was refused today and their reason was my PR application was returned (apparently they haven't uploaded the new PR application in the system yet)

my question now is:

Can I still use the same OWP recepit number again for new submission? or can I ask for a refund for the old OWP application and then pay and submit a new OWP application again? or the money is gone and I need to pay again.

Thanks!
what is that missing documents you forgot to include in your application?

you can still use the receipt if there is no decision made in you application for OWP so you need to pay another fee again or you can just called CIC regarding this.

kakashi741

Jan 1, 2016
I forgot to include a form that proves my financial capability to support my wife in the PR application. this form has been added and PR application was resubmitted and reiceved by CIC yesterday. However OWP application came back refused today as the email below - I suppose I need to pay the fee again?

This letter refers to your application for an Open Work Permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have

carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is

therefore refused.

[X] To be issued an open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and have

submitted an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under the

spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class.

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an SCLPC open Work Permit because

your application for Permanent Residence has been returned. For further details on eligibility

requirements please see our website at:

[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on 10 April 2016.

You may apply again before the expiry of your temporary resident status if you submit:

 a completed application form;

 applicable fees for the immigration document(s)

 payable at a financial institution in Canada or online

 All required documents in support of your application.

superman2012

Nov 20, 2014
kakashi741 said:
I forgot to include a form that proves my financial capability to support my wife in the PR application. this form has been added and PR application was resubmitted and reiceved by CIC yesterday. However OWP application came back refused today as the email below - I suppose I need to pay the fee again?

This letter refers to your application for an Open Work Permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have

carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is

therefore refused.

[X] To be issued an open Work Permit (WP) you must be currently in Canada and have

submitted an application for Permanent Residence (PR) as the principal applicant under the

spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class.

You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for an SCLPC open Work Permit because

your application for Permanent Residence has been returned. For further details on eligibility

requirements please see our website at:

[X] We also wish to advise you that your temporary resident status will expire on 10 April 2016.

You may apply again before the expiry of your temporary resident status if you submit:

 a completed application form;

 applicable fees for the immigration document(s)

 payable at a financial institution in Canada or online

 All required documents in support of your application.
Unfortunately, you need to pay another $255 for the OWP. they process the application of your OWP so yeah you need to pay it again.