+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit from Sri Lanka - What type of Visa?

jjziggy

Jan 31, 2011
Hi. My partner is currently a student at in London, Ontario. I want to apply for an Open Work Permit, but the application says that I may be required to apply for a Temporary Visa first since I am in Sri Lanka. Please let me know how I should do this - should I apply for a Visitor's Visa first or apply for an Open Work Permit straight away?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jjziggy said:
Hi. My partner is currently a student at in London, Ontario. I want to apply for an Open Work Permit, but the application says that I may be required to apply for a Temporary Visa first since I am in Sri Lanka. Please let me know how I should do this - should I apply for a Visitor's Visa first or apply for an Open Work Permit straight away?
You can apply for them both at the same time, or you can apply for a TRV and then apply for a OWP on entry to Canada, with proof of the relationship and his/her status in Canada.

airkdes

Apr 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I think you are better off trying visit visa at this stage. They dont look favourably at "work" word there.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If the OP is granted a TRV then there should be no reason why s/he won't be granted an OWP at the POE.

airkdes said:
No I think you are better off trying visit visa at this stage. They dont look favourably at "work" word there.