+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit for spouse

risnaharis

Feb 14, 2021
My husbnt is a mechanical engineer with 6 years experience abroad.. will he get job in same profession when in open work permit visa?
What all are the demerits if he couldnt do WES at the time of creation of express entry profile othen than CRS score reduction?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Where are you moving to? Has he done any research on the employment opportunities in the area. It will be difficult. Engineering is a licensed profession in Canada so to be P.Eng, he has to be licensed. Not all jobs need a license but he is competing against those with Canadian bachelor and Masters degrees.

Don’t know what you mean about demerits. If you want to count his degree for EE then you need an ECA.

risnaharis

Feb 14, 2021
It is too sad if he couldmt do an engineering job as he is experienced.. tgen what all jobs he could do as a professional degree holder ither than engineering? As we both from india, his university is almost at the urge of closing.. so it is difficult for him to do an ECA .. But his certificate is already UAE embassy and Kuwait embassy attested.. what can we do furthur to accept his certificate in canada then?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husbnt is a mechanical engineer with 6 years experience abroad.. will he get job in same profession when in open work permit visa?
What all are the demerits if he couldnt do WES at the time of creation of express entry profile othen than CRS score reduction?
First of all he isn't guaranteed a permit/visa as the spouse of an international student. There is a lot of competition for jobs in mechanical engineering. Will really depend on whether his work experience is from a company recognized by Canadian employers. Whether Canadians may recognize the university he graduated from would be helpful but not necessary. He wouldn't be licensed so that is one of the bigger obstacles. Given covid many employers are not hiring.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is too sad if he couldmt do an engineering job as he is experienced.. tgen what all jobs he could do as a professional degree holder ither than engineering? As we both from india, his university is almost at the urge of closing.. so it is difficult for him to do an ECA .. But his certificate is already UAE embassy and Kuwait embassy attested.. what can we do furthur to accept his certificate in canada then?
Do you already have a study permit? What are you studying? How long have you been married? Why is his university closing?

risnaharis

Feb 14, 2021
I am nit student for the time being.. I actually palnning to do masters there... For that purpose i need to check out all these matters.. his university is manav bharti university .. and it is a private university... Few days back a case filed against his university as they are providing lots and lots fake certificates... By the way his certificate is original... Noe the university is sealed and this condition, we couldnt go there and apply for transcript .. that us the reason.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am nit student for the time being.. I actually palnning to do masters there... For that purpose i need to check out all these matters.. his university is manav bharti university .. and it is a private university... Few days back a case filed against his university as they are providing lots and lots fake certificates... By the way his certificate is original... Noe the university is sealed and this condition, we couldnt go there and apply for transcript .. that us the reason.
First you need to be accepted to a program and be approved for a study permit. As said above, an open work permit for your husband is not guaranteed. What type of job he gets depends on the city/town you go to school in, and the jobs available. Engineering is a competitive environment. Some engineers are even out of work. He will need strong English language skills too.

As for an ECA that is an issue if you are permanently immigrating, not needed to find a job if he is on a open work permit while you study.

Dec 20, 2020
I have also same concern with Manav Bharti University but my WES ECA is completed Nov. 2016 now I submitted my express entry IN Canadian experience class crs score 75 in 13 feb 2021, after submission my application my ECA is on hold due to all documents reviewing again and awaiting verification for received documents. I don’t know What ll give decision on this matter. In Canadian experience class there is no required any education but i already uploaded my completed ECA reports which was given by wes in 2016. Now m eligible if my education points reduced no affect on my invitation score because score is only 75 I have valid job offer 50 points + 2 years Canadian experience +ielts. Any one have can tell what ll IRCC give decision in this situation?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have also same concern with Manav Bharti University but my WES ECA is completed Nov. 2016 now I submitted my express entry IN Canadian experience class crs score 75 in 13 feb 2021, after submission my application my ECA is on hold due to all documents reviewing again and awaiting verification for received documents. I don’t know What ll give decision on this matter. In Canadian experience class there is no required any education but i already uploaded my completed ECA reports which was given by wes in 2016. Now m eligible if my education points reduced no affect on my invitation score because score is only 75 I have valid job offer 50 points + 2 years Canadian experience +ielts. Any one have can tell what ll IRCC give decision in this situation?
You're posting in the wrong section of the forum.