HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Hi All,

I am writing this post to briefly share my experience in applying an Open Work Permit in-Canada.

Basically, I, together with my wife, came in Canada with a Temporary Residence Visa (TRV). On the port of entry, the officer issued me a Study Permit, but they did not issue any document to my wife, for that we told the officer my wife was just coming to help me to settle down.

After my school started, we prepared all the related docs for applying the Open Work Permit for my wife. We did it online, and the following date were some milestone for the application:
1. Application submitted on 21-Dec-2014 online via MyCIC
2. Application got approved on 27-Jan-2015 via a MyCIC notification message
3. The actually secure document (Open Work Permit) got delivered to my house on 03-Feb-2015

So the total application took 44 days, which is sort of exceeding my expectation.

Anyone doing the same application, or going to do the same applicaiton, if you have any question, I can try my best to help out.

sarashakira

Jul 22, 2016
imarchuang said:
Hi All,

I am writing this post to briefly share my experience in applying an Open Work Permit in-Canada.

Basically, I, together with my wife, came in Canada with a Temporary Residence Visa (TRV). On the port of entry, the officer issued me a Study Permit, but they did not issue any document to my wife, for that we told the officer my wife was just coming to help me to settle down.

After my school started, we prepared all the related docs for applying the Open Work Permit for my wife. We did it online, and the following date were some milestone for the application:
1. Application submitted on 21-Dec-2014 online via MyCIC
2. Application got approved on 27-Jan-2015 via a MyCIC notification message
3. The actually secure document (Open Work Permit) got delivered to my house on 03-Feb-2015

So the total application took 44 days, which is sort of exceeding my expectation.

Anyone doing the same application, or going to do the same applicaiton, if you have any question, I can try my best to help out.