+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open permit

sagi girl 17

Jun 1, 2011
Hello guys......want to clarify something...Is it true ? if you recieve an Open Work Permit. it is stated that you cannot leave Canada until you will receive your PR? I was informed by my friend beacuse her friend received her Open work permit 2 weeks ago & suppose to go home this coming October? Her Friend inquired in Call Center & informed her she can go home in case of emergency only. Another question, ,I submitted my PR application & open permit last august 20,2010 and received by CIC on August 25,2010. no news :'( ...checked in CIC still the same March 21,2010.( 13- 14 months)I'm still working in same employer( Toronto) w/ work permit till March 22, 2012. Can I go home end of August before I will receive my Open Permit? Want to know if it will affect my Open & PR applications ?How many months should I keep in my passport before the expiration to enter Canada? waiting for your reply guys........Thanks!

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
You can go home as long as your work permit is valid and of course your passport as well. You need to have a re-entry though.

sagi girl 17

Jun 1, 2011
hi Bambiegirl. thanks for the informations but I want to know how many months do I have to keep in my work permit to enter Canada , if I'm going home on end of August/first week of Sept for 2 months coz my work permit will expire on March 22? submitted my Open permit & PR last august 2010 but someone informed me if you got your Open permit, you cannot go home. Still waiting for the answer if its true? 3 yrs its been agonizing year to be away w/ our family & if I will wait for my PR which will take for another 15 months again....... :'( :'( :'(?

sagi girl 17

Jun 1, 2011
bambiegirl ,correction.... my work permit will expire on March 22,2012 & my passport will expire on nov.20,2014. Thanks for your time.....God Bless!

caely

May 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sagi girl you can go home as long as you have valid work permit and re entry visa

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
sagi girl 17 said:
bambiegirl ,correction.... my work permit will expire on March 22,2012 & my passport will expire on nov.20,2014. Thanks for your time.....God Bless!
wow!!!! you still have lots of time my dear...you're lucky! just get a re-entry.