+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

oopnp

AB3087

Star Member
May 11, 2015
madattray90 said:
I can't get the dds admission without PR. I need PR for that only

I understand i am also dentist thn did Mph nd now i am applying under noc 4165.. But u shud try to improve ur language scores if possible.. In oopnp u need license first. Read the application guide and ur doubts will b cleared.

madattray90

Mar 6, 2015
AB3087 said:
I understand i am also dentist thn did Mph nd now i am applying under noc 4165.. But u shud try to improve ur language scores if possible.. In oopnp u need license first. Read the application guide and ur doubts will b cleared.
Language score? I already got 7.5 in GT IELTS. I can max get 8. That would not fetch me extensively higher CRS.. But i didn't know this licensure thing. Can you pls send me the link.. Thank u.

pallk

Jun 20, 2015
Hello,

I came to know about this OOPNP yesterday and even as I was thinking of recreating my express entry profile, I came across a link which reads:

As of June 20, 2015:
Due to Federal level changes to the issuance of temporary work permits, as of June 20th, 2015, OOPNP no longer has the authority to issue open work permit support letters to nominees. To learn about your options for retaining legal status in Canada, see CIC’s website for information about Bridging Open Work Permit eligibility requirements.

Does this mean OOPNP will not issue anymore PT notifications of interest? I have a CRS of 432.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pallk said:
Hello,

I came to know about this OOPNP yesterday and even as I was thinking of recreating my express entry profile, I came across a link which reads:

As of June 20, 2015:
Due to Federal level changes to the issuance of temporary work permits, as of June 20th, 2015, OOPNP no longer has the authority to issue open work permit support letters to nominees. To learn about your options for retaining legal status in Canada, see CIC's website for information about Bridging Open Work Permit eligibility requirements.

Does this mean OOPNP will not issue anymore PT notifications of interest? I have a CRS of 432.
This notification has nothing to do with OOPNP issuing PTs. This simply regulates bridging permits for foreign applicants who are currently in Canada and navigating their PR application via the EE system. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

pallk

Jun 20, 2015
Thanks. I read on other threads that cap for PT's might have been reached, but I still want to give it a try. Apart from recreating my EE profile, should I recreate my Job Bank profile too?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pallk said:
Thanks. I read on other threads that cap for PT's might have been reached, but I still want to give it a try. Apart from recreating my EE profile, should I recreate my Job Bank profile too?
Yes. You won't be able to activate your EE profile without creating a new job bank profile.

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hi - I recently created my Express Entry profile for Canadian PR and selected Ontario instead of All provinces.
Have received PT notification to apply for OOPNP within 45 days. Wherein if nominated 600 points will get added to
and i can apply for PR after receiving the ITA . I am process of collecting the documents for OOPNP.

What i understand is if everything goes well and get my PR through Express Entry, I can live/work in Ontario only(as i selected Ontario while creating my EE profile) Please confirm

Thanks and Regds
Ravi chandra

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nrc1978 said:
Hi - I recently created my Express Entry profile for Canadian PR and selected Ontario instead of All provinces.
Have received PT notification to apply for OOPNP within 45 days. Wherein if nominated 600 points will get added to
and i can apply for PR after receiving the ITA . I am process of collecting the documents for OOPNP.

What i understand is if everything goes well and get my PR through Express Entry, I can live/work in Ontario only(as i selected Ontario while creating my EE profile) Please confirm

Thanks and Regds
Ravi chandra
Nowhere in OOPNP does it say that you're restricted only to Ontario after getting PR. It does say on Pg 28 that they may seek feedback for up to 5 years but that doesn't appear to restrict you from settling elsewhere.

]IMPORTANT: FEEDBACK FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROGRAM EVALUATION

The OOPNP may seek feedback from nominee and employer for up to five years after the successful nomination for permanent residency of the prospective nominee.

Musikwala

Sep 14, 2014
Johannesburg, SA
Visa Office......
Pretoria, SA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
14-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
According to the pdf guide, you can choose "all provinces and territories" and still get called for Ontario. You don't have to necessarily select Ontario in your EE profile. Isn't this true??

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Thank you Asivad Anac.

Hi Musikwala - I am not sure PT notification is based on selection of Ontario and All provinces in EE profile. I selected Ontario and wanted to know if it going to restrict myself to work on Ontario only.