+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP proof of funds

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
hi,

i am getting the POF as a gift from my uncle which i would convert into a Fixed deposit. Now, apart from the FD statement & the notarised gift deed mentioning it, should i also include my uncles's bank statement?

thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Attach the relevant part of your uncle's bank statement only to prove the physical debit transaction from their account and explain this in a short note by matching up that debit entry with the corresponding credit entry transaction into your account.

robins.scaria

Oct 5, 2015
hi friends,
please advise me on this.
I have a joint FD with my wife,which was started in sept 2014 with xxxxxxx amount.
the mature value increased the amount by another xxxxx amount.
when we applied for oinp pnp the initial value was more than enough,but our family size increased to 4 and this initial value is a little short of the LICO amount, however ,the mature value is enough for the 4 of us.
when we informed the OINP Team,they informed us that the nomination was already sent and that we will have to inform CIC during the next stage,i.e when we apply for PR.
Will this FD doc suffice as POF?OR will I have to furnish additional Bank statements?
please advise

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FD documents would suffice. You'll need a letter from your bank containing all the details as required by CIC.

blackbeast

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
thanks for the information asavid. so i can take the bank statement of both mine as well as my uncle's to show the transaction of amount? do you think just this showcase of transaction would suffice?

Also, i read on the other threads that the quota for PNP for Ontario was supposedly exhausted for this year & people who are going to apply going forward would be considered for next year. if that is the case, how does this work? should we wait for one whole year till 2016 to obtain 600 points?

thanks!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blackbeast said:
thanks for the information asavid. so i can take the bank statement of both mine as well as my uncle's to show the transaction of amount? do you think just this showcase of transaction would suffice?

Yes. In addition to a declaration from your Uncle that this is a gift not a loan.

Also, i read on the other threads that the quota for PNP for Ontario was supposedly exhausted for this year & people who are going to apply going forward would be considered for next year. if that is the case, how does this work? should we wait for one whole year till 2016 to obtain 600 points?

Probably unsubstantiated rumors. OINP will process applications on FCFS basis and keep sending out nominations till they reach 2700 and the remaining applications will be on top of the pile for 2016 quota which should start off sometime in the 1st quarter itself so it shouldn't be a long wait.

thanks!!

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, OINP doesn't process applications in the months of December and January so apply ASAP.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Apart from 6 month bank statement, can I also use mutual fund portfolio as supporting document?

Thanks,
Rohit

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitbites said:
Hi guys,

Apart from 6 month bank statement, can I also use mutual fund portfolio as supporting document?

Thanks,
Rohit
Unlikely to be accepted as market volatility affects the fund value.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitbites said:
Oh my! Any alternate? :(
Consider cashing them out and depositing the monies in your bank account. That can be used as POF. You'll have to provide the paper trail evidence to prove that this money came from sale of assets that legitimately belonged to you.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a different story.
I keep my money at home in cash, so now I have to open a bank account for POF.
Many people from my country which is Belarus, as well as people from Russia keep their money at home.
So , I guess that visa officers should have encountered this situation.

The explanation is simple: due to the instability of the local economy and the banking system I keep my savings at my place. A few banks went bankrupt this summer.

Any suggestion what to do?

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors,

Regarding gifts, can a gift come from my uncle? ( my brothers dad)? Also which proof do we need to show that he is my uncle?

Thank you in advance

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mex88 said:
Hello Seniors,

Regarding gifts, can a gift come from my uncle? ( my brothers dad)? Also which proof do we need to show that he is my uncle?

Thank you in advance
Date of birth certificate or passports of your father and uncle to show they have same parents