+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario pnp update

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
thestunner316 said:
true that, its mere speculation for now...
what i'm 100% sure wont happen is OINP raising bar to 450 directly, from 400...
Lets say they raise it to 450, and average scores after this is around 475.... how many you think will pay $1500 to get nomination, when if they try harder in ielts or get better experience they can directly apply for ITA... what i'm saying is between 450-475 there are not many candidates who will go for OINP

i think it will be raised, but probably to 420 or 425, that will give them enough room to play with... what i would strongly suggest also is to have all documents ready before hand, becoz this time the OINP quota will fill a LOT quicker than before... it will be 9 months since OINP stopped issuing PT, and in this time a lot of candidates have entered the pool with 400> scores... so quota will fill quicker.

TBH what i'm really afraid is if they come up with NOC based quota instead of the score based quota, that will pretty much end hopes for a lot of candidates :(
fingers crossed!

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indi- canada said:
Ontario stopped issuing PNP nominations quite a while back with a declaration that it may be starting to issue new nominations towards the year end. Well, there are some speculations that nominations will resume towards the end of November 2016 (read specifically 25th November 2016) with a higher CRS score.

It is expected that Canadian Govt. will impose some new regulations and implement changes towards the calculations of CRS scores, where students with Canadian education will be allotted additional points which will add up to their CRS scores. The scores may be in range of 5-20 depending upon the education completed. This in turn will raise the CRS bar towards the higher level of 500. Our sources indicate that if these changes are implemented CRS may well remain above the level of 500 till the middle of year 2017 unless the immigration targets are changed and Canada issues higher number of nominations for each upcoming draw this year until May 2017.

The backlogs have been a huge headache for the aspirants and there has been an uproar amongst international students waiting in Canada to get invitation in the express entry system.

Another important fact to consider here is the Ontario government is contemplating the idea of raising the minimum cut-off CRS score to 450 for the nomination which was 400 before the nominations were closed. This is being considered to make sure the nomination targets are filled up at a convenient pace and to give preference to those who have Canadian education.

Ontario has been very slow lately to issue nominations for candidates who have filled in their applications before the system was paused. All of these proposed changes are still under consideration and if there are any changes to these thoughts or any new propositions, we will integrate those changes here.

Let us know your thoughts about these changes whether positive or negative.

Cheers
most people use ontario to move to different provinces. I dont think they will continue with the human capital program. The EOI will be based on conections to the province. Provinces want to make sure they will retain those newcomers. Most provinces are doing this and as a result their processing times are faster. The french stream will remain the same.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
most people use ontario to move to different provinces. I dont think they will continue with the human capital program. The EOI will be based on conections to the province. Provinces want to make sure they will retain those newcomers. Most provinces are doing this and as a result their processing times are faster. The french stream will remain the same.
highly unlikely... its usually the other way around - people want to move to toronto or ottawa, and other provinces want to retain their candidates so they are being more stricter when screening applicants...

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestunner316 said:
highly unlikely... its usually the other way around - people want to move to toronto or ottawa, and other provinces want to retain their candidates so they are being more stricter when screening applicants...
couldn't agree more, people want to move to Ontario, it's just that their PNP system is not at par with other. Too much processing time. Hopefully that will change with new online system.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most of the people that recieve Ontario PNP also want to stay there. Yes it can happen that some times later they do get offer from other province, but the majory has real intention to stay.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
I believe more province will follow ON and send PT from the pool. The reason is quite clear that IRCC wants FSW out land not to conc in one province and distribute them. So more province will select people without ties and without job letter. IRCC will increase the quota also for such province. But they will be strict that you have to stay in the province you are selected.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I think OINP and SINP have two good systems, but yes OINP is better, if all provinces would implement it, Canadian immi system would work wonders!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
I think OINP and SINP have two good systems, but yes OINP is better, if all provinces would implement it, Canadian immi system would work wonders!
Just please do not implement their wiating time and their mode of payment.
What would be desirable is a combination between SK and ON.
PT like from ON and online application like from SK and payment if requested like from Federal.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
vensak said:
Just please do not implement their wiating time and their mode of payment.
What would be desirable is a combination between SK and ON.
PT like from ON and online application like from SK and payment if requested like from Federal.
It looks very very unlikely that ONIP will open after November 25th as earlier speculated for the following reasons:-

1 - The CIC site is currently buggy. It might take another week or more for the system to work properly. After last years fiasco, where many did not get a PT notification, they will not take a chance this year sending PT on a buggy system.

2 - The backlogs are still big. They have not completed giving last years applicants their PNP.

3 - They will never start issuing PT notifications without giving a news update. Any changes in rules, method or application etc requires atleast a week to 10 days of advance notice. The same way, CIC gave us advance notice before the rules were changed for students and LIMA. So far there is no news at all and hence it seems unlikely that anything will happen before December.

4 - There is still no news on the 2017 Quota for ONIP.

5 - My gut tells me that even if they open, they will not start before December 15th and that might be the earliest. But then again, December 15th to January 1st week is a low period so they might just come back and start ONIP only in January 2017.

Keeping all this in mind, maybe January 2017 is realistic time for us to expect ONIP to open.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
johnsyk said:
It looks very very unlikely that ONIP will open after November 25th as earlier speculated for the following reasons:-

1 - The CIC site is currently buggy. It might take another week or more for the system to work properly. After last years fiasco, where many did not get a PT notification, they will not take a chance this year sending PT on a buggy system.

2 - The backlogs are still big. They have not completed giving last years applicants their PNP.

3 - They will never start issuing PT notifications without giving a news update. Any changes in rules, method or application etc requires atleast a week to 10 days of advance notice. The same way, CIC gave us advance notice before the rules were changed for students and LIMA. So far there is no news at all and hence it seems unlikely that anything will happen before December.

4 - There is still no news on the 2017 Quota for ONIP.

5 - My gut tells me that even if they open, they will not start before December 15th and that might be the earliest. But then again, December 15th to January 1st week is a low period so they might just come back and start ONIP only in January 2017.

Keeping all this in mind, maybe January 2017 is realistic time for us to expect ONIP to open.
I think that the news can come on 25th november that how much quota they have got for 2017. And on which date they will open and what are the rule changes (if any).

Pitlord

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Dear Sir/Madam,

Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016.

Ontario temporarily paused the intake of new applications for the following select, high-volume OINP streams effective 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016:

· Employer Pre-screen

· International Student – Masters Graduate stream

· International Student – PhD Graduate stream

The OINP continues to accept and process applications for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream and the Corporate stream. The OINP also continues to accept Expressions of Interest for the Entrepreneur stream.

Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months.

For program updates: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme Ontarien des Candidats à l’Immigration

Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade | Ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international

Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario

5th floor | 5ème étage

400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University

Toronto ON | M7A 2R9

Tel | Tél : (416) 327-0374

Fax | Télécopieur : (416) 327-0860

Email: Ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

This is the email I received in September and I have no idea what is this lunatic talking about unless he is messing around.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Pitlord said:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016.

Ontario temporarily paused the intake of new applications for the following select, high-volume OINP streams effective 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016:

· Employer Pre-screen

· International Student – Masters Graduate stream

· International Student – PhD Graduate stream

The OINP continues to accept and process applications for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream and the Corporate stream. The OINP also continues to accept Expressions of Interest for the Entrepreneur stream.

Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months.

For program updates: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme Ontarien des Candidats à l’Immigration

Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade | Ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international

Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario

5th floor | 5ème étage

400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University

Toronto ON | M7A 2R9

Tel | Tél : (416) 327-0374

Fax | Télécopieur : (416) 327-0860

Email: Ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

This is the email I received in September and I have no idea what is this lunatic talking about unless he is messing around.
This is a copy and paste from their website!! ;D