+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP requires LMO??? pls explain...

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Hi - can someone please explain the following to me:

first: does the Ontario PNP actually require an LMO from the employer in order to move forward in the process?

and second: if an LMO recently got rejected - is it possible to get the Ontario PNP nommination because they assess the application differently?

thanks!!!
brigit

A

ankit0uc

Mermaid3011 said:
Hi - can someone please explain the following to me:

first: does the Ontario PNP actually require an LMO from the employer in order to move forward in the process?

and second: if an LMO recently got rejected - is it possible to get the Ontario PNP nommination because they assess the application differently?

thanks!!!
brigit

NO!!

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
hi guys!
thanks for your input! Now that I read again the Q&As etc I found the sections as well ... :eek:) sometimes it just takes some more time!

does anyone know how soon those 1000 nominee positions are "sold out usually"? I am wondering if applying for the OPNP would be an alternative if my LMO gets rejected....

Sep 20, 2008
its now called Opportunities Ontario, it used to be OPPNP, they really don't set any standard for 1000 nomination and so, but the early you apply better it going to be for you. Is your employer willing to help you for your nomination??? are you an international student or you working in selected nominated occupation??

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
Re: Ontario PNP Timeline???

endlessecho2003 said:
its now called Opportunities Ontario, it used to be OPPNP, they really don't set any standard for 1000 nomination and so, but the early you apply better it going to be for you. Is your employer willing to help you for your nomination??? are you an international student or you working in selected nominated occupation??
Ah... thats interesting. I thought they have 1000 nomminees per year...
I am about to ask my employer if they would support me ... I am currently on a temp work permit NOC level B . My visa expires very soon and we dont have the new LMO yet. Even though I know it would take some time for processing.... I hope to be able to work on a TWP by Jan 2010.

How long did it take you to receive the nomination? Can you pls tell me your timeline?

Thanks!!!
Brigit

A

ankit0uc

Answer for both questions is NO.

It is true that if your Provnicial Nominee application is approved you dont need a LMO.

But the requirements for a foreign worker are somewhat same in that prospective employer has to prove that they can't recruit locally.

I hope this helps.

Mermaid3011

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, ON
ankit0uc said:
Answer for both questions is NO.

It is true that your Provnicial Nominee application is approved you dont need a LMO.

But the requirements for a foreign worker are somewhat same in that prospective employer has to prove that they cannt recruit locally.

I hope this helps.
Hi Ankit,
thanks for your input! Luckily we can prove that we tried to hire locally.
I guess we could use the "proof of recruiting" that we had to do for the LMO...
Afterall we posted my position 3 weeks on the national job board in March.
Only 11 people applied and none of them fulfilled the required experience or education level.
Well.. let's hope the LMO gets approved... then I wont have to worry about the PNP program...

Cheers and have a sunny Sunday!
Brigit