CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
I graduated from a Canadian university in June 2013 and my employer recently applied for the OINP Pre-Screen application for me. On August 11th, it is going to be 90 days since my employer applied for my pre-screen application and I still haven't heard back anything from them.

Since my 2 years from graduation date was June 2015 and I had already applied for my pre-screen approval before June 2015, am I still eligible to apply for the Ontario nominee program if I happen to receive the pre-screen approval in the near future? Or does the 2 year requirement mean that "both" the pre-screen approval and the actual nominee application need to be sent within 2 years of graduation?

Also, since I already submitted the pre-screen approval application in Ontario, can I still open an Express Entry profile for myself to qualify for federal ITAs and apply for Ontario Express Entry PNP (if I receive a PT notification)?

Is anyone in a similar situation as me? Any feedback/advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
dastanmo said:
I graduated from a Canadian university in June 2013 and my employer recently applied for the OINP Pre-Screen application for me. On August 11th, it is going to be 90 days since my employer applied for my pre-screen application and I still haven't heard back anything from them.

Since my 2 years from graduation date was June 2015 and I had already applied for my pre-screen approval before June 2015, am I still eligible to apply for the Ontario nominee program if I happen to receive the pre-screen approval in the near future? Or does the 2 year requirement mean that "both" the pre-screen approval and the actual nominee application need to be sent within 2 years of graduation?

Also, since I already submitted the pre-screen approval application in Ontario, can I still open an Express Entry profile for myself to qualify for federal ITAs and apply for Ontario Express Entry PNP (if I receive a PT notification)?

Is anyone in a similar situation as me? Any feedback/advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
You had to apply for nomination (not pre-screening) prior to June 2015, to be considered under OINP's "International Student with Job Offer" stream.

You can now apply under OINP's "Foreign Worker" Stream, if you have atleast 2 years of work experience.

dastanmo

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 05, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Specterz said:
You had to apply for nomination (not pre-screening) prior to June 2015, to be considered under OINP's "International Student with Job Offer" stream.

You can now apply under OINP's "Foreign Worker" Stream, if you have atleast 2 years of work experience.
Thanks so much specterz! Do you have an idea of an approximate timeline/approval rate for the "Foreign Worker" stream? I wasn't able to find anyone who applied through the Foreign Worker stream. My work permit expires mid next year and hence am on a slight time crunch.

Please feel free to re-direct me to the correct links if this discussion has already been there on the forum. :)

Nov 11, 2015
Re: Ontario PNP (OINP) , ineligible profile

Hi all sent my OINP package on 8th March , same day I got a message from Cic to increase my pof as I'd mention it as 12000cad and minimum funds had increased
So I updated my pof the same day , profile showed updated , now due to some technical glitch it didn't get transmitted
So on 24th March I got a message stating my profile has got ineligible
Now my question is 1)il create a new profile but what happens to my OINP application as I haven't received an AOR yet?
2) do I need to OINP now or wait for my AOR first
2) will OINP transfer my AOR (if I get one ) to my new profile??
Need immediate help !!!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Re: Ontario PNP (OINP) , ineligible profile

Confusedmumbaikar/indian said:
Hi all sent my OINP package on 8th March , same day I got a message from Cic to increase my pof as I'd mention it as 12000cad and minimum funds had increased
So I updated my pof the same day , profile showed updated , now due to some technical glitch it didn't get transmitted
So on 24th March I got a message stating my profile has got ineligible
Now my question is 1)il create a new profile but what happens to my OINP application as I haven't received an AOR yet?
2) do I need to OINP now or wait for my AOR first
2) will OINP transfer my AOR (if I get one ) to my new profile??
Need immediate help !!!
Once you have created your account, you need to inform OINP and also you will need to send a new form with the new Express Entry profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code. They will have to attach the new form to your application package. I have heard that they OINP considers such cases.