+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP Applicants 2014

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
mhindawy said:
I am preparing my application for Ontario PNP and plan to apply within a week or so but have a problem with the question around ties made in Ontario. What are they looking for exactly? Should I mention specific names and relationship? I am not sure what to write there.

PS. I didn't make a boyfriend, didn't buy a car or property. I was a student for god's sakes!

Can anyone of the successful applicants tell me what to write exactly?

You can simply say, you spent all your time in Ontario during your are in Canada. and you have studied and all the people your known (friends, cohorts, teachers) are in Ontario.

n.zaman

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Ontario, Canada
ibrahim sherif 1985 said:
does OPNP IS WORKING IN DEC AND JAN??
I think they are accepting applications but cannot nominate because quota is full. They should be working as they are accepting applications but definitely not during the year end holidays:D

prudhvi

Star Member
Mar 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is there at least one candidate from Ontario who received their PR in this year?(who applied in 2014) or
is there at least one candidate who received their AOR ? (who applied for PR under OPNP from 3rd week of may)

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
prudhvi said:
is there at least one candidate from Ontario who received their PR in this year?(who applied in 2014) or
is there at least one candidate who received their AOR ? (who applied for PR under OPNP from 3rd week of may)
I got my Aor and ME recently. I am not sure if I am QAed. I just ordered notes couple days ago. See what happened to my case next month.

adityay89

Dec 5, 2014
Regarding PNP OPTIONS

Hello Everyone,

I really need your help guys! I took Ielts General exam for almost 4 times every time i get only 6.5 overall. I took BRITISH COUNCIL exam on 19,oct,2014
my score are:
L,r,w,s -7.5, 6, 6, 6.5 ---> overall 6.5
--------------------------
My question is : UNDER PNP ONTARIO RULES
1.i did masters in computer sci enginerring ) GRADUATED FROM UNIV OF WINDSOR.
2.i have an full time employment from **** company
3. IELTS-6.5
Am i ELIGIBLE for PNP or not????

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
Re: Regarding PNP OPTIONS

adityay89 said:
Hello Everyone,

I really need your help guys! I took Ielts General exam for almost 4 times every time i get only 6.5 overall. I took BRITISH COUNCIL exam on 19,oct,2014
my score are:
3. IELTS-6.5
I am sure you can't apply under Master graduate without job offer. Not familiar with Skilled worker stream.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
mhindawy said:
I am preparing my application for Ontario PNP and plan to apply within a week or so but have a problem with the question around ties made in Ontario. What are they looking for exactly? Should I mention specific names and relationship? I am not sure what to write there.

PS. I didn't make a boyfriend, didn't buy a car or property. I was a student for god's sakes!

Can anyone of the successful applicants tell me what to write exactly?

Basically, you need to show that you have a strong reason to be in Ontario and not anywhere else. For example:
- A full-time, permanent job;
- A multi-year lease to rent a place;
- On-going, regular service commitments even just some sort of community services;
- Close family members currently residing in Ontario and etc.

If you do not have any of the above then simply write a paragraph or two to explain you have in Ontario for X years to studies and found that Ontario is the place for you because A, B, C, D and E. In the past X years I have lived in the following addresses (make sure they are the same as the ones in your PR applications). Then explain why you do not have financial ties yet (because you are a student etc). If you have opened a bank account in Ontario the first year you arrived in Canada make sure you mention that. Otherwise, basically just something to show the Ontario Government why you choose Ontario to be your destination and will remain in Ontario.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Re: Regarding PNP OPTIONS

adityay89 said:
Hello Everyone,

my score are:
3. IELTS-6.5
Take IELTS again and try for 7.0, then you will be eligible

OP

Dec 5, 2014
Hi,

I got my OPNP nomination and applied for CIC in June 6th. June 12th, CIC received my application. Still I did not get any reply or a file number. I contacted CIC twice. They said they can not help me without a file number. Does anyone know what should I do?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
OP said:
Hi,

I got my OPNP nomination and applied for CIC in June 6th. June 12th, CIC received my application. Still I did not get any reply or a file number. I contacted CIC twice. They said they can not help me without a file number. Does anyone know what should I do?
The delay in OPNP cases of May-August is due to the quality assurance program. The following thread has discussion on this topic.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/on-pnpreference-letter-needed-for-verificationafter-ppr-t228593.765.html

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Anybody from this group from 2014 Jan/ Feb OPNP nominee got PPR yet :'( ?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi guys,

I just completed my second last semester (Sep-Dec 2014) and am about to begin my last semester of my 16 month Masters program. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I wish to take a second leave of absence (I had taken one before this semester too) and resume my studies next semester (May-July).

My study permit expires Aug 31, 2015 which is really close to the completion of my last semester if I do it in Summer, so would it be possible to apply and get the PGWP in such a short time? Let's say my semester completes in end of July, I get my letter of completion from uni in mid-August, wouldn't it be very tight with the study permit expiration date? What happens if that date passes? Is it better not to take a leave of absence and just finish my course in April so I have 4 months to get the PGWP?

I read this online: Yes. You may remain in Canada as a temporary resident until CIC makes a decision on your new permit application, as long as your application to extend was submitted prior to the expiry of your authorized stay.

So if the above is true, I'm safe, but will I be able to arrange all docs for applying for PGWP by August??

P.S. Someone also mentioned something about "full-time studies required in last 2 sems for PGWP"... BUT I'm not sure if taking a leave counts as NON-FULL TIME STUDIES?