+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario nomination~please help

MPVM

Mar 14, 2016
Hi guys,
I am not sure about the application procedure for ontario nomination. I was given an overall CRS score and eligibilty program (FSWP), after completing my EE profile online. Would Ontario nomination come on its own (provided the score is 400 plus), or would I have to apply seperately to make sure that I stand a chance for this nomination?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You have to wait for Ontario to send you an invitation. However they have stopped sending them for now.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I would still suggest to prepare all the docs and get ready for a PT.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
MPVM said:
Hi guys,
I am not sure about the application procedure for ontario nomination. I was given an overall CRS score and eligibilty program (FSWP), after completing my EE profile online. Would Ontario nomination come on its own (provided the score is 400 plus), or would I have to apply seperately to make sure that I stand a chance for this nomination?
As far as I have heard, lately Ontario has not been not sending out any PTs and the reason for the temporary hiatus is also not know. Meanwhile, you can get started with your documents which are similar to CIC requirements. You can refer to the OINP Application Guide here http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html.

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Why OINP is not sending out any PT notification?

I think they will clear the backlog of 2015 and start sending again?

Else how will they earn 1500CAD from us?

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
karandeepwalia said:
Why OINP is not sending out any PT notification?

I think they will clear the backlog of 2015 and start sending again?

Else how will they earn 1500CAD from us?

this 1500cad gives you PR - for them its a tiny drop in an ocean..

I think they are doing a right thing - providing good service and clearing up the backlog.

MPVM

Mar 14, 2016
Stanlee said:
As far as I have heard, lately Ontario has not been not sending out any PTs and the reason for the temporary hiatus is also not know. Meanwhile, you can get started with your documents which are similar to CIC requirements. You can refer to the OINP Application Guide here http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html.
Thanks Stanlee for the link..shall get started with that soon.

Angelbd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
My point has increased.so do I need to recreate a new express entry profile to get Ontario nomination or just need to update the previous profile ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Angelbd said:
My point has increased.so do I need to recreate a new express entry profile to get Ontario nomination or just need to update the previous profile ?
Update existing profile and transmit the changes.

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Stanlee said:
Update existing profile and transmit the changes.
Hi Stanlee,

I read it somewhere that people said the applicant will have to be in valid status after they receive PT. Trying to see if there is a reference for this in.

I am just wondering, since my current work permit will expire in three months, does that means that even later within the three months I receive PT, if I couldn't get AOR before my current work permit. I couldn't go back to my home country and wait?

Thank you!

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
megadesu said:
Hi Stanlee,

I read it somewhere that people said the applicant will have to be in valid status after they receive PT. Trying to see if there is a reference for this in.

I am just wondering, since my current work permit will expire in three months, does that means that even later within the three months I receive PT, if I couldn't get AOR before my current work permit. I couldn't go back to my home country and wait?

Thank you!
If you mean "valid status in Canada", than - no. It's not a requirement for OINP. But of cause, you should not be out of status in Canada, it's better to return to home country and wait there.

megadesu

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
pfse said:
If you mean "valid status in Canada", than - no. It's not a requirement for OINP. But of cause, you should not be out of status in Canada, it's better to return to home country and wait there.
Hi,

Thank you so much for the instant reply. The only thing I really need clarification is that do I have or need to be an inland applicant during the whole process. Since it's either I will go back to my home country or I will extend as a visitor after my work permit expires.

So from you answer, can I assume that I am still eligible to be selected for OINP even after I go back to my home country and do the whole process from outside Canada, correct?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
megadesu said:
Hi,

Thank you so much for the instant reply. The only thing I really need clarification is that do I have or need to be an inland applicant during the whole process. Since it's either I will go back to my home country or I will extend as a visitor after my work permit expires.

So from you answer, can I assume that I am still eligible to be selected for OINP even after I go back to my home country and do the whole process from outside Canada, correct?
Yes, of course. When I received PT NOI, I was in a different country. Then I moved back to my home country and sent my OINP app. making sure that my current scenario is known to OINP and also updated the same in my EE profile.
That's what you would need to do - update your present status/address to OINP.