+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear is there any restriction on job ????......... mean that you can only do that job (e.g Software Engineer ) in Ontario on which you are selected under this program.

or it is a open work permit and you can do any job ( e.g Oracle DBA) .

or there is clearly mentioned about any job info in your work permit that you can do and what can not do.

Please update me ,

aj_techie said:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and already in Canada on OWP. My PR is in process and eCas status as Application Received.
I had visited the Service Ontario center and they have turned me down for OHIP eligibility. Candidates on OWP have to have a confirmed job in hand for atleast 6 months. Kindly clarify if people on OWP and their dependants be eligible for OHIP without job offer.

Anybody who is in Canada on OWP without a job offer and have been offered OHIP?

Thanks for your help in advance

AKJECP

Mar 20, 2013
malisa said:
AOA AKJECP,

As far as I remember, I read on this forum that one person form Pakistan applied under the same category and he got OWP within two and half months. I know this because one of my friend wanted to apply for the same but he didn't because he thought that it takes too longer from Pakistan. When I noticed, then I wished he could have applied for OWP.

W.Salam Malisa,

Thanks for sharing info! That person is really lucky, he got his OWP in such a shorter time!! Its six month passing since i applied and just got file number and wait wait wait..........

I saw in this forum that some other guys (Salooni and DCCJM) have also applied for OWP in CHC Islamabad. Can you kindly share your status of OWP application?

Thanks and Regards

Imran775

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2012
Doc's Request.
03-01-2013
Nomination.....
03-11-2012
AOR Received.
12-02-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-13
Med's Request
25-04-14
Med's Done....
25-05-15
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
PR 16-03-2015
I got OWP from ISB within 2 months, even I send them my medical result after one month when they requested. Its just luck or unluck.

Imran

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Any idea how CIC Delhi send the RPRF receipt ? How long will they take ?
Is the receipt send via email ? Any comments ?

Regards

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vuexperts said:
Thanks a lot O_Canada.

One more request, please update me ,dear let suppose i apply for FSW worker as " Software Engineer " and got OWP. and Now in Canada , i want to do job as Oracle Data Base Administrator.

its mean i have no restriction on doing job as Oracle DBA.

Dear O_Canada , are you in Canada, now a days :)

Hello Friend,

Other than the restrictions I have mentioned you can work on any field. You can even become a pilot if u have a Pilot Licence :)
Yes I am in Canada these days. That is how I could answer above questions so confidently.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pradeeshma said:
Hello All
Back to the forum after a long gap. I used the OWP route and moved to Canada on 8-Jun. Yet to get into a job. Most employers for permanent jobs wont consider our case saying that we are not residents. No point in trying to convince them saying our whole story. Contract jobs doesnt matter much.
I received Second AOR from Srilanka on 22-Apr and finally yesterday i got the request to pay RPRF fees to Delhi and then send to Colombo a copy of the payment receipt along with Proof of funds. They have given exactly one month for this. I also got an email asking me to do the medicals.
But i have already done the medicals on 16-Feb for processing the OWP. Can i get your comments on below please

1. Will Delhi send us the RPRF receipt in one month. My wife has couriered the DD to Delhi yesterday itself, with self addressed stamped return envelope. The DD amount for myself and wife was 51,940.
2. How to let Colombo know that medicals are done already as a part of the OWP processing for myself , wife and Kid

Valuable members please advice,

Regards
Hi Pradeesh,

When ever I log into the forum its late night and then I forget to call in the day time. Will call you for sure tommorow.

For the benefit of other fellow forum members who are going to be in the same situation . Here are the answers.

1. Will Delhi send us the RPRF receipt in one month. My wife has couriered the DD to Delhi yesterday itself, with self addressed stamped return envelope. The DD amount for myself and wife was 51,940.

I did the same , sent the courier to New Delhi but still today I am waiting for the reciept at my permanent address in India. I informed Srilanka Embassy that I do not have reciept from New Delhi office but my Draft is encashed so please check your online system if you can RPRF fees credited to our Client ID's in the system. I am thinking about sending e-mail to New Delhi office.

2. How to let Colombo know that medicals are done already as a part of the OWP processing for myself , wife and Kid

When you did Medicals in India you got Payment Reciepts + They give you a copy of Medical Form ( Firs page ) and stamp that page which is an acknoledgement that we attended medicals.

So in your e-mail to Srilanka tell them following .

a.) Send them the scanned copy of the acknowledgement form if you have got one from the doctor where you did your OWP medicals.
b.) Send them a scanned copy of Payment Reciept you got from the hospital when you did medicals.

c.) Also mention them the Date on which that medical was done, Clinic Name , Doctor Name and Doctor's DMP - CIC Panel Physician Number ( You can check from your Medical Reciepts ).

d.) If you don't have any of the information. Then no need to worry. Check the e-mail / empty forms you got from CIC when you got medical request for OWP. I believe that form was pre-filled with some of your information . Now comes the imp Part . IF that form was prefilled that form contains one number called IME Number - Its called Immigration Medical Examination Number. It is a unique number assigned to your profile. So if you ask Srilanka embassy to search their GCMS - Global Case Management System , then they will be able to find your medical results online in the centralized system because these days medical at CIC is e-Medical and the medical results are sent by Doctors to CIC through online e-Medical system.

I hope this info helps you and talk with you soon.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aj_techie said:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and already in Canada on OWP. My PR is in process and eCas status as Application Received.
I had visited the Service Ontario center and they have turned me down for OHIP eligibility. Candidates on OWP have to have a confirmed job in hand for atleast 6 months. Kindly clarify if people on OWP and their dependants be eligible for OHIP without job offer.

Anybody who is in Canada on OWP without a job offer and have been offered OHIP?

Thanks for your help in advance

Hi aj_techie ,

I am not sure if that is the case for OWP cases as well. I know they offer OHIP coverage to only those ppl who are on WP whose WP validity is more than 6 months. But I am not sure we need to have a valid job offer for our cases because we are on OWP + PRovincial Nomination.

I am yet to go for OHIP Cards registration, Because it takes 3 months for OHIP coverage to start after landing. I tried going to Service Ontario but the office I went to told me that I need to go to a special centre where they process OHIP's for OWP.

Let me visit Service Ontario by the coming week end and then I will be able to tell you my experience.

You also go once again and show them your Provincial Nomination Certificate and Letter of Support saying that you are eligible for OWP without any approved job offer.

Fellow Forum Members : Please stay tuned and let's see whether we are eligible for OHIP or not without securing a job in Canada.

Thanks

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vuexperts said:
Thanks a lot O_Canada.

One more request, please update me ,dear let suppose i apply for FSW worker as " Software Engineer " and got OWP. and Now in Canada , i want to do job as Oracle Data Base Administrator.

its mean i have no restriction on doing job as Oracle DBA.

Dear O_Canada , are you in Canada, now a days :)

Please read this converation :

Hi aj_techie ,

I am not sure if that is the case for OWP cases as well. I know they offer OHIP coverage to only those ppl who are on WP whose WP validity is more than 6 months. But I am not sure we need to have a valid job offer for our cases because we are on OWP + PRovincial Nomination.

I am yet to go for OHIP Cards registration, Because it takes 3 months for OHIP coverage to start after landing. I tried going to Service Ontario but the office I went to told me that I need to go to a special centre where they process OHIP's for OWP.

Let me visit Service Ontario by the coming week end and then I will be able to tell you my experience.

You also go once again and show them your Provincial Nomination Certificate and Letter of Support saying that you are eligible for OWP without any approved job offer.

Fellow Forum Members : Please stay tuned and let's see whether we are eligible for OHIP or not without securing a job in Canada.

Thanks

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the Grace of GOD Almighty i also got OWP , and its valid till 01-AUG-2015.

and thanks for ur comments

O_Canada said:
Please read this converation :

Hi aj_techie ,

Thanks

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks dear ............ :)

O_Canada said:
Hello Friend,

Other than the restrictions I have mentioned you can work on any field. You can even become a pilot if u have a Pilot Licence :)
Yes I am in Canada these days. That is how I could answer above questions so confidently.

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear you have to send the medical with in 60 days and you update them with in 30 days , so both

Imran775 said:
I got OWP from ISB within 2 months, even I send them my medical result after one month when they requested. Its just luck or unluck.

Imran

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
O_Canada said:
Hi Pradeesh,

When ever I log into the forum its late night and then I forget to call in the day time. Will call you for sure tommorow.

For the benefit of other fellow forum members who are going to be in the same situation . Here are the answers.

I did the same , sent the courier to New Delhi but still today I am waiting for the reciept at my permanent address in India. I informed Srilanka Embassy that I do not have reciept from New Delhi office but my Draft is encashed so please check your online system if you can RPRF fees credited to our Client ID's in the system. I am thinking about sending e-mail to New Delhi office.

When you did Medicals in India you got Payment Reciepts + They give you a copy of Medical Form ( Firs page ) and stamp that page which is an acknoledgement that we attended medicals.

So in your e-mail to Srilanka tell them following .

a.) Send them the scanned copy of the acknowledgement form if you have got one from the doctor where you did your OWP medicals.
b.) Send them a scanned copy of Payment Reciept you got from the hospital when you did medicals.

c.) Also mention them the Date on which that medical was done, Clinic Name , Doctor Name and Doctor's DMP - CIC Panel Physician Number ( You can check from your Medical Reciepts ).

d.) If you don't have any of the information. Then no need to worry. Check the e-mail / empty forms you got from CIC when you got medical request for OWP. I believe that form was pre-filled with some of your information . Now comes the imp Part . IF that form was prefilled that form contains one number called IME Number - Its called Immigration Medical Examination Number. It is a unique number assigned to your profile. So if you ask Srilanka embassy to search their GCMS - Global Case Management System , then they will be able to find your medical results online in the centralized system because these days medical at CIC is e-Medical and the medical results are sent by Doctors to CIC through online e-Medical system.

I hope this info helps you and talk with you soon.
Thanks a lot O_Canada.
Many countries allow RPRF to be paid online and then download the online payment receipt.
Did you check with Delhi the possibility of sending the RPRF receipt via email and fwd it to Colombo ? (Anyway Colombo only needs a copy
of the receipt and not Originals)

Did you see any changes in our online status apart from Application received ? (Say medicals received etc)

Which courier do you use for Srilanka (DHL ?)

Any guess how long we will have to wait for the passport request.

Yes please do give me a ring.

Regards

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
O_Canada said:
Hi aj_techie ,

Thanks
Its very nice information, kindly keep update on OHIP. I am also coming to Canada (mid Aug) and quite curious on this topic.

AKJECP

Mar 20, 2013
Imran775 said:

Imran

Hi Imran,

Congratulations!! and no doubt you are a lucky person!!! May Allah help you and all of us.

When did you apply for OWP, as in my casw is 6th month passing..........

Regards

AKJECP

Mar 20, 2013
Hi vuexperts,

Congratulations!!!

Can you pls share which is your visa office?

When did you apply and get back the passports with OWP?

Thanks and Regards