May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
sushilsrk said:
People Need help.

I want to apply under FSW pilot program but i am not sure about the procedure and when i ask the consultant he told me the fees will be 2 LAC in INR.
My profile:-
10th % 69
12th % 64
b.e.(IT)% 72
Work EXP 4 years as Tester in Telecom billing and payments field

Can anyone tell me the below:-

a) How to apply for the pilot process.
b) Can i file my case now and submitt the IELTS score in nect couple of months or is it necessary to provide the score at that moment itself.
c) What is the duration to get a PR through this process.

Early response will be much appreciated
Thanks
@ Sushilrsk
As far i know u cant apply for Ontario PNP without a job offer. Candidates getting discussed in this thread are mainly the Pre 2008 people who has wasted many fruitful years under FSW. Now this is a Carrot shown to us with some 600 figure. Again wait till Nov and if successful
again into the Loop of Back ground verification , Clearnace, Medicals and couple of lakhs rupees more to spend. :mad:

In short to apply for FSW Ont Pilot you need to be invited and cant initiate this yourself

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Guys read the below news.

My question is that we have already applied for this PNP ontario program and the outcome of this is expected no sooner than end of Nov '12.
Meanwhile if federal court decision to process backlogs with immediate effect becomes enacted, will our files be processed or they will wait for our PNP outcome. I am kinda scared as we don't lose both ways in this bargain.

"Applications made before February 2008 will be processed after the verdict of Federal Court
According to a recent legislation passed by Jason Kenney, Immigration Minister, the applications submitted after February 2008 under the category of skilled labor will not be processed.
On March 30, 2012 Jason Kenney, Citizenship and Immigration Canada announced to return he applications of skilled workers who had applied before February27, 2008.
The Citizenship and Immigration Canada is all set to eliminate the backlog of all applications made before February 27, 2008.
Federal Court has ruled that Canadian government is obliged to process all the applications.
About 300,000 applicants were affected due to the new legislation and all were under the federal skilled worker class.
Jason Kenney, Immigration Minister was sued by 900 applicants. The applicants requested the court to process their applications for permanent residence by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada within a reasonable time frame.
Jason Kenney justified himself by saying that “he is authorized to make policies and there can be a delay due to change in policy.”
The applicants refused to accept the delay for five to nine years and they regarded the same as “unjustified”.
The court has passed orders for a selected few applicants. The deadline of October has been given to process the applications of lead applicants hence there is a possibility of other applications to get processed in the days to come.
Applicants’ Lawyer claims that the Court’s decision is final and the request for appeal by the Citizenship and Immigration Minister has been refused.
Another Federal Court did not give relief to applicants while the case was being heard yet till the time the legislation turns out to be a law.
The decision made by the Federal Court is observed as a blow to the Government of Canada as the government was all set to refuse about 300,000 applications and there was a plan to refund him processing fee to these applicants.
Refunding the fee would not have been of any help to the applicants as their dreams were associated with these applications.
Now the Federal court has brought a ray of hope to the applicants who have been waiting to get a chance for the last many years.
The Court has also controlled the moves of the Government which was about to bring injustice to those applicants who have been waiting for years."

Source http://www.canadaupdates.com/content/federal-court-may-allow-processing-applications-made-february-2008-18343.html

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
hi Hronaque
When we opted for FSW PNP we have signed a statement saying that our files are getting Moved to PNP. In case in PNP our case fails then only we get moved back to FSW.

sunwei_bj

May 31, 2012
pradeeshma said:
hi Hronaque
When we opted for FSW PNP we have signed a statement saying that our files are getting Moved to PNP. In case in PNP our case fails then only we get moved back to FSW.
I think our files are still in FSW queue. Only when we are successful in receiving the nominations will our files be withdrawn and we have to make new applications for PNP class imigration. Otherwise, our files will remain in FSW queue.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
There is no chance for our files to be processed by Nov 12, CIC have disagreed to courts order and they are waiting for Bill to pass which is expected to release today.. once this is released they will claim that there are no files existing so the case will be closed... but since this is a law suit it will take atleast a year from now to complete.

EASYCANADA

Apr 27, 2012
Citizenship and Immigration Minister Jason Kenney announced yesterday a temporary freeze on accepting new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) and Immigrant Investor programs. This “temporary pause”, as Minister Kenney described it, will be effective starting July 1, 2012.

Mr. Kenney explained that by not accepting new applications, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will be able to better address those applications that have already been submitted, thus eliminating the programs’ current backlogs. These currently stand at approximately 110,000 applications for the FSW program, and 25,000 for the Investor program. In addition, the pause will give CIC the opportunity to make important changes to the programs before accepting new applicants. In this way, CIC believes that Canada will transition to a “faster, more flexible immigration system”.

The FSW program was expected to re-open its application quotas for the following year on July 1. Mr. Kenney was quick to add that despite the freeze, immigration levels to Canada will not be decreasing during this time period. Current applications will continue to be processed, meaning that “current immigration remains at historic levels”. Last year, Canada welcomed approximately 250,000 new temporary and permanent residents through its borders.

It is important to note that certain streams within the FSW program will remain open during this time. Individuals with offers of arranged employment, as well as those applying under the PhD stream, are still welcome to apply.

Intake of all FSW application types is currently expected to resume in January 2013, when a number of proposed changes to immigration programs are expected to become operational. Some of these proposed changes include:

■Restructuring the FSW points grid
■The creation of a Skilled Trades stream within the FSW program
■The introduction of new FSW language requirements
Mr. Kenney acknowledged that many prospective immigrants to Canada may be disappointed to hear of the temporary pause. However, he explained why he believed such a pause to be necessary. “This is a way to ensure that improvements to the program have time to be put in place, which will give new applicants the opportunity to be even more positioned to succeed in Canada”.

He further explained that this was the last step in a long process to modernize the country’s immigration system. Another big step occurred earlier this year, when the government announced plans to legislate away approximately 280,000 FSW applications that had been submitted before 2008, under antiquated rules and regulations. This decision is currently being challenged in court.

People should not read into this decision that the door to Canada is closed. “The fact is that over the past few years the Federal Skilled Worker category has been taking in fewer and fewer applications,” says Immigration Attorney David Cohen. “In the last 12 months, only 10,000 FSW applications were accepted for processing.”

Attorney Cohen urged prospective immigrants to remember that they may have other options to come to Canada during that time. “People considering an application for Canadian Permanent Residency should know that in addition to the Federal Skilled Worker program, there are more than 60 other Canadian immigration programs for which they may be eligible.”

Individuals whose applications are submitted before July 1 should expect processing of their cases to continue normally. In the meantime, further information regarding changes to the FSW and other programs is forthcoming.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Anyone else recd any confirmation email ? I am still waiting on this.

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i received my notification last week friday. they must be working on it b'cos the deadline is end of this month

diva1281

Apr 24, 2012
iomokorede said:
yes i received my notification last week friday. they must be working on it b'cos the deadline is end of this month
good :) tell me one thing.. when I filed PNP form, there was no where email ID was asked. Then, how you guys are getting confirmation via email??

ofonzo

Nov 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
18-05-12
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-12-2012
Passport Req..
01-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
02-08-2013
IOMOKOREDE,

Congratulations. Hopefully we will all make the nomination.

ofonzo

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@EASYCANADA
thank you
@diva1284
The opportunities Ontario fsw pilot form uploaded require us to put our e-mail addy
@Ofonzo
Thanks and a big Amen.
Cheers

diva1281

Apr 24, 2012
Yes, you guys are correct. I also received the mail. they are saying that my form is not complete as they require original transcripts of my recent degree in sealed envelope from the education institute.

In form, they had mentioned "certified true copies" and now they are requiring "original".

so, i guess now i have to get in touch with the university to send the original transcripts in sealed envelope directly to them.

any suggestions?
thanks!

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
I don't think they should demand original.. certified true copies should be good..

@diva1281 : Are you a fresher or less then 5yrs of experience ?