+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi Ruby
what is COPR .. ?? Is it same as PR visa..stamped on our passport..i am planning to go LA..to get it done..so just want to know otherwise my trip will waste..

rubyalabar said:
hello everyone, an update on my case...

i just tracked the Fedex return envelope that we sent with our passports to LA consulate. LA sent it out yesterday evening and will be delivered to my husband in Canada today at 5pm.

It took them 8 business days to issue the PR visa and COPR.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
Confirmation of Permanent Residence. It's a document that they send along when your passport with PR visa is returned to you.
You have to present the COPR at the port of entry where you will land and you have to sign it in the presence of the immigration officer at the port of entry.

This document is very important I believe since you can use this to re-enter Canada by car/bus (land) if you do not have your PR card yet. You will also need this if you are going to apply for citizenship later on.

cooldeepforyou said:
Hi Ruby
what is COPR .. ??

philly

Jun 7, 2010
Philadelphia
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-3-2009
Doc's Request.
01-11-2009
Nomination.....
24-11-2009
AOR Received.
01-07-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
July-7-2010
Med's Done....
15-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Dec 22 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 21 2011
LANDED..........
?
Congratulations Rubyalabar.

I can expect my passports nextweek. Also i sent you Peronal Message.

Thanks

rubyalabar said:
hello everyone, an update on my case...

i just tracked the Fedex return envelope that we sent with our passports to LA consulate. LA sent it out yesterday evening and will be delivered to my husband in Canada today at 5pm.

It took them 8 business days to issue the PR visa and COPR.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Great! You can submit the entire family's passport as you are the principal applicant. Would be best to take an authorization letter signed by your wife authorizing you to submit her and kid's passports. Make it simple with just a couple of sentences. Check their website for hols.

All the best!

cooldeepforyou said:
Friends,
My wait is over ...i got pp request today in email...wish you all get it soon..
I am planning to go personally to LA to submit the passport...

Manny, i know you went there personaly...can i submit the document for my spouse and kid too ? or do they need to be present there....
Also does anyone knows..LA counsulate 2011 holidays ??

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow. Congratulations.

cooldeepforyou said:
Friends,

Manny, i know you went there personaly...can i submit the document for my spouse and kid too ? or do they need to be present there....

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Modds777,

Buffalo office is still alive and kicking. You will get your share of good news soon. Stay calm and you have been so far, success is very close. Very.

Good luck and the best.

Lettuce

Mods777 said:
Thanks lightsinthemist - I really need that jhappi dunno if Buffalo office is still alive or they have shut it down :(.

We need some good wishes and a good luck :)

Thanks

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
i contacted buffalo regarding my case, here is the details:
my email:
I am just wondering how much longer it is going to take to finalize my application? File number Bxxxxxxxxxxxx
I did my medicals back in July 2010, and i sent the required documents in November 2010 along with the RPRF (it was cashed in November).
please advise.

their reply:
Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
cooldeepforyou said:
Friends,

Vadhayiaan CoolDeep

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
congratulations! :)

cooldeepforyou said:
Friends,

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
This is exactly what I recieved in mail today. Guess they have generated a standard reply.

Regards

bibo said:
i contacted buffalo regarding my case, here is the details:
my email:
I am just wondering how much longer it is going to take to finalize my application? File number Bxxxxxxxxxxxx
I did my medicals back in July 2010, and i sent the required documents in November 2010 along with the RPRF (it was cashed in November).
please advise.

their reply:
Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Regards,

Immigration Section

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Mods777 said:
This is exactly what I recieved in mail today. Guess they have generated a standard reply.

Regards
Hi,

My colleague sent the following email and got the reply....

Thanks,
L.B

Email Sent:

I have applied for Canada Immigration under the Alberta PNP stream. My medical were done on July 15th. Wondering if I have missed any communication from CIC Buffalo on my case or that there was no communication. Can you please confirm there was no communication sent out to me as I have heard from other applicants on the forum with similar timelines having got their case transfered and passport request etc.

Reply :

There has been nothing sent. Please do not compare your application to that of others as each situation is unique.

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Thanks Ruby,
Thank you all for your wishes !!!
rubyalabar said:
Confirmation of Permanent Residence. It's a document that they send along when your passport with PR visa is returned to you.
You have to present the COPR at the port of entry where you will land and you have to sign it in the presence of the immigration officer at the port of entry.

This document is very important I believe since you can use this to re-enter Canada by car/bus (land) if you do not have your PR card yet. You will also need this if you are going to apply for citizenship later on.

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The whole "AINP fasttrack immigration scheme for SRS H1-B" was a sham, ill planned and executed pathetically. CIC seems to be taking off from where the AINP left us, in the quagmire. It appears to me that this process is designed more to test our patience rather than test our applications and qualifications. The worst is the continued arrogant attitude by which the visa officers respond to the querries.

Some if not many of the waiting folks are in desperate situations. Visas about to expire, fear of visas getting cancelled becuz of RFEs, fear of loosing jobs and getting laid off, fear of having to go back to home countries and risk the visa issuance delay to eternity, passport stamping challenges if and when they get PPR as India does not allow PPs to me mailed over seas and CIC does not xfer applications to consulates overseas. Yeah right, and the visa officer @ CIC admonishes us not to compare our situations with other applicants as everyone's situation in UNIQUE. how helpful of CIC. long live the coffee breaks and the water cooler chit chats @ the immigration offices. Long live bureaucracy and government workers. Long live the power of unions. Ok we flooded the system by too many applications, How easy it is to blame the work load and never the workforce.

Lettuce.

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

My colleague sent the following email and got the reply....

Thanks,
L.B

Email Sent:

I have applied for Canada Immigration under the Alberta PNP stream. My medical were done on July 15th. Wondering if I have missed any communication from CIC Buffalo on my case or that there was no communication. Can you please confirm there was no communication sent out to me as I have heard from other applicants on the forum with similar timelines having got their case transfered and passport request etc.

Reply :

There has been nothing sent. Please do not compare your application to that of others as each situation is unique.

Immigration Section

buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Lettuce

I could not have put it in better words. What you said is absolutely true Bro...CIC is quick to take the money but is failing to deliver the mythical 1 yr fast track they had promised. Many of us had applied in end of 2008 and early 2009 and now it is 2011 and are still waiting for status and many like you will have additional challenges of moving with kids.

They should not have advertised the fairy tale if they could not deliver on it .

Anywaz cheer up Bro , what does not kill us only makes us stronger and when finally we get the PPR it will be a huge sigh of releif for years of living with an expiry stamp stuck on our collective foreheads.

I pray for all of us that the day comes soon.

Lightsinthemist

lettuce_tomatoes said:
The whole "AINP fasttrack immigration scheme for SRS H1-B" was a sham, ill planned and executed pathetically. CIC seems to be taking off from where the AINP left us, in the quagmire. It appears to me that this process is designed more to test our patience rather than test our applications and qualifications. The worst is the continued arrogant attitude by which the visa officers respond to the querries.

Some if not many of the waiting folks are in desperate situations. Visas about to expire, fear of visas getting cancelled becuz of RFEs, fear of loosing jobs and getting laid off, fear of having to go back to home countries and risk the visa issuance delay to eternity, passport stamping challenges if and when they get PPR as India does not allow PPs to me mailed over seas and CIC does not xfer applications to consulates overseas. Yeah right, and the visa officer @ CIC admonishes us not to compare our situations with other applicants as everyone's situation in UNIQUE. how helpful of CIC. long live the coffee breaks and the water cooler chit chats @ the immigration offices. Long live bureaucracy and government workers. Long live the power of unions. Ok we flooded the system by too many applications, How easy it is to blame the work load and never the workforce.

Lettuce.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
It is nicely said indeed.

My kids are also getting frustrated about it, it seems that our much awaited family reunion keeps on getting rescheduled.

lightsinthemist said:
Lettuce

I could not have put it in better words. What you said is absolutely true Bro...CIC is quick to take the money but is failing to deliver the mythical 1 yr fast track they had promised. Many of us had applied in end of 2008 and early 2009 and now it is 2011 and are still waiting for status and many like you will have additional challenges of moving with kids.

They should not have advertised the fairy tale if they could not deliver on it .

Anywaz cheer up Bro , what does not kill us only makes us stronger and when finally we get the PPR it will be a huge sigh of releif for years of living with an expiry stamp stuck on our collective foreheads.

I pray for all of us that the day comes soon.

Lightsinthemist