+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
Hello folks,

Do we have to enclose the nomination letter sent by PNP while applying to CIC. If yes, should it be original or copy?? The cic web site says that AINP office informs the visa office about the nomination:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-after.asp

Seniors please throw your inputs..
Thanks and have great weekend...

C

cchabert

Ok guys I just post the rest of my experience on Calgary on

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/from-atlanta-to-calgary-my-landing-experience-t32242.0.html

I got pretty much everything, now came the real challenge to find a job, I'm very confident so far, there is many jobs available out there, between survival ones and the good ones, it's just time to find one.

To Nix1 : I keep a copy on the Time magazine on an article about the education on the world and how USA is falling behind, and for example on math and reading the table show Canada on 3rd and 2nd place in the world and the USA on 12 and 14 place and falling, this is one reason to chose Canada.

Heatlh: Even if you have insurance in USA the main reason people go to bankrupt is because the can't affrord a big medical emergency, always the insurance companies look to screw you up. See the movie "Sicko" by Michael Moore.

Economy: Here I have not see any sign of a house for sale, here I saw A LOT of signs that the companies are hiring, the malls are a full swing and people don't complain about not having a job, there is no empty spaces on the shopping centers like in Atlanta where you have a lot of empty shopping centers just gaining dust and mold.

I have the oportunity of going several days to my older daughter school and watch the kids and talk to some parents and I see that there is no bulling here, maybe it was this school in particular, but the parents said in general there is no bulling at schools, because they are family oriented, all is planing to do activities with the kids, also there is no FAT people here like in the USA, there is not FAT kids also with diabetes like in the USA.

Well this is my point of view in 1 wekk of leaving here, hope it help to make a desition between Canada and USA. but all my family is so happy and if they are happy I feel good.

Peace

dupkap

Jan 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
those of the guys who applied earlier and go visa are the lucky one... all the best to them in search of JOB... from earlier post i feel that I can still wait for my nomination... guys who are already in alberta please share ur experiance it boost moral of the people like me who still wait for nomination....

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you need enclose orrignal nomination letter with your application. Make sure that you make copies of that original for your reference. Same letter is sent to CIC also from AINP office. When you send your application they varify your both nomination and go from there.

good luck.

Thank you Jyde !!!!!!!!!!

pokha69 said:
Hello folks,

Do we have to enclose the nomination letter sent by PNP while applying to CIC. If yes, should it be original or copy?? The cic web site says that AINP office informs the visa office about the nomination:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-after.asp

Seniors please throw your inputs..
Thanks and have great weekend...

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
despoimmigrant said:
Yes you need enclose orrignal nomination letter with your application. Make sure that you make copies of that original for your reference. Same letter is sent to CIC also from AINP office. When you send your application they varify your both nomination and go from there.

good luck.

Thank you Jyde !!!!!!!!!!
I am little confused with nomination letter. Do we have to send both 1st and 2nd pages or just the 1st page only?

Thanks

bubbly2009

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/03/2010
AOR Received.
26/06/2010
File Transfer...
26/10/2010
Med's Request
26/06/2010
Med's Done....
12/07/2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
1/7/2011
VISA ISSUED...
1/10/2011
LANDED..........
1/14/2011
I have few questions in sending the application to CIC, seniors suggestions required:

1) Do i need to take filing fees in CAD$ or US$? where to take them?
2) Do i need to send I-797 Copy with the application?
3) Where to take the photos for canada (walmart etc.,)?

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
bubbly2009 said:
I have few questions in sending the application to CIC, seniors suggestions required:

1) Do i need to take filing fees in CAD$ or US$? where to take them?
2) Do i need to send I-797 Copy with the application?
1. You can pay your fees in CA$ or US$. The following website might be useful: Paying Fees in Buffalo http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx. It shows not only the instruction but also the amounts in CA$ and US$ (just click "Canadian dollars" or "USA dollars" in the website page).

2. Yes. According to Buffalo Checklist (http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf), if you live in a country different from your nationality, you need to include a photocopy of your visa for the country where you currently live. So if you are in US working under H1-B, then you have to submit the copy of I-797 or H1 visa stamp.

npnotesin

Jan 20, 2009
nix1 said:
Congrats Despo! I am very happy for you. Enjoy your summer vacation in Alberta and complete the landing process. Don't forget to visit Banff and Jasper while in Alberta. And I have not forgotten your request about posting the Health and SIN cards on my blog. I have already scanned them, but have not had time to do so. Probably this weekend.

One more thing that is not related to Canada and my apology if anybody gets offended by this. I just wanted to share another good news in my life with you guys. My US GC has been approved. Now it is a decision time for me to decide where to settle and it is not going to be easy one. We are going home in Feb 1 for two months and once we come back to the US, we will make our decision. At the mean time, if you guys have any suggestions on where I should settle (Canada or USA), I would really appreciate that. Thanks!
1. In US it takes, 5 years to get Citizenship whereas in Canada it is only 3 years. To retain PR/GC, you have to stay for atleast 183 days in a year in US while in Canada it is 2 out of 5 years
2. Taxes are approx. the same in USA or Canada. There is tax exemption for certain assets for the first 5 years. See page 11 of http://www.casselsbrock.com/docs%5CImmigrationPresentation_Saltman&Thompson.pdf
3. Canada taxes your worldwide income only if you stay for more than 183 days in a year in canada while USA taxes your worldwide income even if you don't live in USA, once you become US citizen. However, there is a $80,000 per year exemption. Because of new healthcare legislation and huge federal deficits, taxes in USA will most likely go up.
4. Crime rate and Pollution is much lower in Canada compared to USA.
5. Prostitution and drugs(marijuana etc) are legal in Canada unlike in USA.

Depending on your future income and lifestyle, decide what is best for you.

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Hi Despo, Congrats on you getting your PPR. I am still waiting.

Somebody here asked about how medicals worked for pregnant wives. My wife was pregnant - and we did medicals without the X-ray. The doctor stated my wife was 8 months pregnant. Now, a month after delivery, I got 2 seperate requests. One asking for my newborn's medicals, another - asking for my wife's pending Xray. I am now waiting for Medicals to be approved.

Cheers,

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
A small question. I renewed my passport a couple of months ago (USPS messed up the tracking and gave 3 sleepless nights). I have not notified CIC of my new passport yet. When the Passport Request comes, would it be best to send the new passport with a copy of the old; or send both originals?

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you rajesh, you will get your medical results updated pretty quick. as only x-ray is left. i wish you a very good luck budy. yeah this PPR brought some more light in future of my family.

arajesh5 said:
Hi Despo, Congrats on you getting your PPR. I am still waiting.

Somebody here asked about how medicals worked for pregnant wives. My wife was pregnant - and we did medicals without the X-ray. The doctor stated my wife was 8 months pregnant. Now, a month after delivery, I got 2 seperate requests. One asking for my newborn's medicals, another - asking for my wife's pending Xray. I am now waiting for Medicals to be approved.

Cheers,

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Venky, I was in the same situation as yours. Once i got new passport in September I sent notarized copy of new passport along with the letter of explanation to CIC new york. When i got PPR request they did not ask to include old passport but i did include old expired passport and new passport both. i would encourage you to send overnight copy of your new passport.

good luck.

venky321 said:
A small question. I renewed my passport a couple of months ago (USPS messed up the tracking and gave 3 sleepless nights). I have not notified CIC of my new passport yet. When the Passport Request comes, would it be best to send the new passport with a copy of the old; or send both originals?

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Thanks Despo - and keep us posted of what you are upto.

and I thought I was the only one with weird situations - new passport, newborn, delayed this, delayed that - looks like there is a bigger bunch here :p

:)

Cheers Guys,
Rajesh

despoimmigrant said:
Venky, I was in the same situation as yours. Once i got new passport in September I sent notarized copy of new passport along with the letter of explanation to CIC new york. When i got PPR request they did not ask to include old passport but i did include old expired passport and new passport both. i would encourage you to send overnight copy of your new passport.

good luck.

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Did you really mean to mention point 5. ?? ;D

npnotesin said:
1. In US it takes, 5 years to get Citizenship whereas in Canada it is only 3 years. To retain PR/GC, you have to stay for atleast 183 days in a year in US while in Canada it is 2 out of 5 years
2. Taxes are approx. the same in USA or Canada. There is tax exemption for certain assets for the first 5 years. See page 11 of http://www.casselsbrock.com/docs%5CImmigrationPresentation_Saltman&Thompson.pdf
3. Canada taxes your worldwide income only if you stay for more than 183 days in a year in canada while USA taxes your worldwide income even if you don't live in USA, once you become US citizen. However, there is a $80,000 per year exemption. Because of new healthcare legislation and huge federal deficits, taxes in USA will most likely go up.
4. Crime rate and Pollution is much lower in Canada compared to USA.
5. Prostitution and drugs(marijuana etc) are legal in Canada unlike in USA.

Depending on your future income and lifestyle, decide what is best for you.