+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only principal applicant landing….what happens to spouse and child PR status if

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
hello everyone

I wish to know what happens when the principal applicant lands and the spouse and child dont land. Actually we've had a family emergency, mother expired and other family issues to be seen. Our visa is about to expire so the only option that seems likely is me landing. Can I land and come back and then go back, fulfill residency requirements of 2 years and sponsor my husband and child.

Q1: Will I be able to sponsor my husband and child keeping in mind they had not landed and their PR visa expired???

Q2: Has anyone heard or seen similar cases where sponsorship was granted???

Q3: Is there any other route by which I can maintain their PR status for example by telling at the time of landing that my husband and child are not accompanying me. I can show the death certificate of mother.

Please help me.

ymanoelpia

Star Member
Apr 3, 2009
Re: Only principal applicant landing....what happens to spouse and child PR stat

You can have your spouse and children land at the same time with you and you can all go back home then come back to Canada to fulfill your residency obligation. In this way you will not undergo sponsorship again.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Only principal applicant landing....what happens to spouse and child PR status if

If the spouse and child do not land before the expiry of their PR visa, you will have to sponsor them. It will take several months to do that and as a PR, you need to be living in Canada while your sponsorship application is in process. It is better if you can all make a quick trip to Canada to land even if you then go back and take care of your affairs.

sushid0c

Star Member
Oct 25, 2007
Re: Only principal applicant landing....what happens to spouse and child PR status if

thanks

Leon and ymanoelpia.

I guess that is the best option.

Thanks once again.....for such a speedy reply. I shall always be grateful to you Leon for helping me out always.

sushid0c