+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

only child

coburn

Mar 5, 2007
Dear Sirs,

I am a 27 year old German citizen. My mother got married to a Canadian citizen some 2 years ago and will get a permanent residence card by the end of 2007.
Since I have never met my real Dad and don't have contact to my mother's family in Germany I was wondering what needs to be done so I can move to Canada and live in her new home town. I was raised as an only child and really do miss my mother. I see that Canada embraces immigrants from all over the world. So how are the chances for a German citizen with Canadian family?
Regards,
Coburn

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

coburn said:
Dear Sirs,

I am a 27 year old German citizen. My mother got married to a Canadian citizen some 2 years ago and will get a permanent residence card by the end of 2007.
Since I have never met my real Dad and don't have contact to my mother's family in Germany I was wondering what needs to be done so I can move to Canada and live in her new home town. I was raised as an only child and really do miss my mother. I see that Canada embraces immigrants from all over the world. So how are the chances for a German citizen with Canadian family?
Regards,
Coburn
1. You will have to apply as a skilled worker see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/skilled-simple.html
2. You will get an additional 5 points for your mother residing in Canada.
3. Take the assessment to see if you qualify: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html
4. If you qualify you are looking at 15-22 months processing time.

PMM

coburn

Mar 5, 2007
just one more question..my mother's husband and his uncle have a little well drilling company in BC. Would it make the whole process easier if he offered me a job since it is a family business? Would he still have to place job openings in the local newspaper to look for staff in the area in this case?
...and I am moving from Germany to Ireland very soon..would this have an impact in any way?
Thank you for your help.
Best Regards,
Coburn

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

coburn said:
just one more question..my mother's husband and his uncle have a little well drilling company in BC. Would it make the whole process easier if he offered me a job since it is a family business? Would he still have to place job openings in the local newspaper to look for staff in the area in this case?
...and I am moving from Germany to Ireland very soon..would this have an impact in any way?
Thank you for your help.
Best Regards,
Coburn
1. He would have to apply for an LMO (Labour Market Opinion) if you wish to come on a work permit and he would have to do the required advertising. He would also have to apply for AEO (Arranged Employment Option) if he intends to employ you permanently after you arrive. See: HRSDC web site for information on the above options.
2. If you are admitted to Ireland for 1 year, then you could apply to London, who fast track (supposedly) applications with AEO. But their skilled worker processing is longer than Germany.

PMM