Online Visa(CIC)- India- Processing Time

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sachinwar said:
Hi Guys,

I had applied online on May 5th an my medicals were passed on 10th of May.
But since then, i have no updates !! Is this normal ? I am worried as they say processing from New Delhi takes 3 weeks and it is approaching 3 weeks.
Experts, please help !!

Where can i get in touch with the visa consulate office?

Thanks
The long process can be due to the background check, but i have no idea if it is a good sign or not!!

MG1995

May 21, 2015
Hi,

I have to leave for the US in a week for an internship and my Canada visa hasn't been processed. I won't be returning back to India till next January and I need a Canadian Study permit by September. Is it advisable to withdraw the New Delhi application and apply again in L.A.? Is it possible to transfer my application?

Thanks,
Mayank

Madh511

May 26, 2015
samarth3692 said:
Hi,

I have completed my study permit application on 12-April,2015
My status is still open, only the medical results is in passed status. They are yet to review my documents.
The website states 3 weeks as processing time.

Any idea what is causing the delay, all docs are in order.

Anyone else experiencing the same situation?

Hi Samarth,
I have applied online too on the 1st of April, 2015. My medicals have passed and documents show as provided. Unfortunately, my term has already begun at the university. Does provided mean that they are yet to review the documents? They asked me to upload my degree certificates on the 8th of April, 2015, which I did on the 12th of April, 2015. I even made a case specific enquiry but received no response.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MG1995 said:
Hi,

I have to leave for the US in a week for an internship and my Canada visa hasn't been processed. I won't be returning back to India till next January and I need a Canadian Study permit by September. Is it advisable to withdraw the New Delhi application and apply again in L.A.? Is it possible to transfer my application?

Thanks,
Mayank
Your application will process in India and the you can submit your passport in US to stamp the visa

MG1995

May 21, 2015
msh_ca said:
Your application will process in India and the you can submit your passport in US to stamp the visa
Hi msh_ca,
Thanks for the reply back. This is good news for me. Can you please let me know if you have done the same ever from USA? Also at what locations in US can I submit my passport for stamping? And can I send it via Courier and receive it back via mail/courier?

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MG1995 said:
Hi msh_ca,
Thanks for the reply back. This is good news for me. Can you please let me know if you have done the same ever from USA? Also at what locations in US can I submit my passport for stamping? And can I send it via Courier and receive it back via mail/courier?
This happened to my sister for her visitor visa, it was the other way around.

She applied for visitor visa from US, by the time they asked her to submit her Passport in New York office she was not in US anymore.
The closest embassy that she had access was Turkey.

So she sent two separate emails one to the New York consulate and the other one to the Turkey embassy explained the situation. Both replied that it is not a problem and she can submit her Passport in Turkey.

She did same and got her visa.

MG1995

May 21, 2015
msh_ca said:
This happened to my sister for her visitor visa, it was the other way around.

She applied for visitor visa from US, by the time they asked her to submit her Passport in New York office she was not in US anymore.
The closest embassy that she had access was Turkey.

So she sent two separate emails one to the New York consulate and the other one to the Turkey embassy explained the situation. Both replied that it is not a problem and she can submit her Passport in Turkey.

She did same and got her visa.
Great! This does help my case. Thanks a lot for the valuable info!

jasen86

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
08-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015
LANDED..........
01-07-2015
samarth3692 said:
Did anyone got a mail to submit the passport?
Did you hear back from the embassy yet after April...?

adi17

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Hyderabad
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
IELTS Request
8.5, Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
samarth3692 said:
Did anyone got a mail to submit the passport?
/yes, applied on 31st May and passport submit request 15 June

alifiya92

Jun 29, 2015
hi,

whats the update on your visa? I too applied online on 3rd june, and yet no reply.

please share some info

samarth3692

May 17, 2015
HI,

Applied on 12th April, Uploaded degree certificate on May 18th, 2015.
Since then there has been no updates to my application.