+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online, Non express Pnp. LOST MY JOB ! Please HELP ! Ab pnp under Aaip

flame230

Star Member
Jul 7, 2022
Hello everyone!

I LOST MY JOB !

I think I am in TROUBLE ! PLEASE HELP !

I applied Under Aaip, Alberta Opportunity Stream and Got my nomination on Nov 1st 2022.

On Nov 7, I applied for federal application.

On March 7, I received Aor.

And today on August 15, I got laid off my current job.

I am on open work permit but my nomination is based on my position - Retail Sales Supervisor.

I am aware that I need to notify Alberta pnp asap but I don't know what to expect. Is there a chance they'll let me slide?

Will they cancel my nomination?

Im the current job market, it might take me months before I can find another job for the same position.

Ircc's latest processing time is 17 months. So it will take around 7 more months Ircc completes my application.

Please GUIDE ME !

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone!

I LOST MY JOB !

I applied Under Aaip, Alberta Opportunity Stream and Got my nomination on Nov 1st 2022.

I am on open work permit but my nomination is based on my position - Retail Sales Supervisor.

I am aware that I need to notify Alberta pnp asap but I don't know what to expect. Is there a chance they'll let me slide?

Im the current job market, it might take me months before I can find another job for the same position.

Ircc's latest processing time is 17 months. So it will take around 7 more months Ircc completes my application.

Please GUIDE ME !
So sorry about your job loss.
Yes unfortunately your nomination will be cancelled. Not to sure but maybe you would be given sometime to look for another one and go through same process again.
I agree at this difficult time it is bit hard to get something useful but unfortunately this is how it goes.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
So sorry about your job loss.
Yes unfortunately your nomination will be cancelled. Not to sure but maybe you would be given sometime to look for another one and go through same process again.
I agree at this difficult time it is bit hard to get something useful but unfortunately this is how it goes.
Not true. OP have to submit post nomination request and email PNP office. They usually give couple of months to find another job.

Reactions: flame230

dan011

Dec 6, 2023
PLEASE GUIDE ME

Hi @flame230 !
I am in a same situation like you. I applied for PR through Alberta PNP and my PR application is in process with IRCC.
I lost my job on the basis of which I got Alberta PNP.
I have notified Alberta and IRCC both.

I wanna know, will my nomination be withdrawn?
What happened in your case? Were you given some time to find a new job? If so, did they ask you to get same NOC job or other conditions?

luvnina4life

Aug 31, 2024
Hello everyone!

I LOST MY JOB !

Please GUIDE ME !
@flame230 Hi please what is the update on this please.

My brother just submitted his non-express entry application with Alberta provincial nomination from the AOS pathway.

But his job contract would most likely be terminating this October ending.

We want to know our options. Please help.