+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online E-Cas: Very different and it can be sometimes full of wrong information

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vermas said:
The new system is GCMS (Global Case Management System). More info is available on the following link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t60753.0.html

It has already been implemented at most of the missions including New Delhi. VO staff are still struggling with this new system which has teething problems like any other new software. The most difficult part being migration of info from CAIPS to GCMS. GCMS is supposed to be much more versatile.

Cheers...
--------------------
Yes agree

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rocky

Plz check your inbox

sm001

Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot Rocky for the link

Hope these e-cas errors rectify soon.

I believe the processing of our applications will be further delayed because of migrating to the new system.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sm001 said:
Thanks a lot Rocky for the link

Hope these e-cas errors rectify soon.

I believe the processing of our applications will be further delayed because of migrating to the new system.
Well I don't know but to be honest they cannot afford that since they have to maintain the average time lines since the Minister doesn't want another criticism I guess and he is keeping a watch

Inkheart

Jan 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
Hi,

One of my friend sent me a screen shot for the E-cas status where her application status is In Process and she has just send the documents to CHC. Also it says that medical results have been received.

I think there is something terribly wrong with the online E-cas status.

Warning to people, kindly do not jump to conclusion after looking at the e-cas as it can be completely wrong sometimes and case less. I cannot share the screen shot but it doesn't make sense. It is pretty different from the status which I use to have.

Rocky
Yes...true N I experienced the same...

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They have fixed the online e-cas status I think.

We received your application for permanent residence on.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the office. They are pending review.

The main screen though says In Process, which is strange.

What about others, share

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like finally the online Status has been fixed now.

The main screen shows Received by Visa office status once documents received by them which earlier was In Process which was technically wrong.

Update for applicants

riz1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Hi rocky
In my case it is still wrong, showing decission made, intrusting enough this week address details are disappeared which were shown since last week.
Thanks
Riz

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riz1 said:
Hi rocky
In my case it is still wrong, showing decission made, intrusting enough this week address details are disappeared which were shown since last week.
Thanks
Riz
They should change yours as well I guess let the next Tuesday come and maybe you can see that its fixed, lets see