+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Citizenship application - missing information

Alexalas84

Sep 24, 2024
Hi guys,

I need help from you experts regarding my citizenship application.

I sent the online application about 2 weeks ago, I triple checked everything but last Friday I received an email from IRCC that my application was missing information. I logged into my account and it just said they couldn’t verify my time in Canada before becoming a permanent resident.

I have an Italian passport, I am a PR since June 2021, but I moved here as a visitor in January 2021 while waiting for my PR application to finalize. In the last 5 years, I also visited Canada for 12 days in December 2019, which I also declared in the application, both in the presence calculator and also as a “temporary visa” in my history. Between December 2019 and January 2021 I was living in England, and I declared that as a single trip in the presence calculator.

I really don’t understand what kind of information they’re missing. Is it correct to also declare the 12 days trip to Canada from December 2019 or should I just limit it to when I moved in as a visitor in January 2021?

Any advice would be more than welcome.

TIA

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Your best course of action would be to withdraw this application, and send a new one once you don't need pre-PR credit to reach the 1095 days threshold.
You should still list the days you spent here before PR, as you did, but IRCC has more trouble establishing your presence before PR when you were in Canada as a tourist, VS someone who had a study or work permit.
The delay before you apply again will potentially be significantly shorter than the time it takes to establish your physical presence in the current application.

Alexalas84

Sep 24, 2024
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I travel a lot for work, so if I remove my pre-PR time I will not make it to the necessary amount of days (by not much but still..)
How does one prove their pre-PR time? Do I need to send a letter?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I can't say, really. You can always send back the application with a detailed explanation letter and proofs you were actually here in the days you claimed you're here, but what constitutes a proper proof and whether it will convince IRCC is yours to discover, and you may (may, not will!) be looking at a very long processing time if you go this way before your physical presence is established, if it is, which is not necessarily a given.