+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application submitted - what happens next?

Canadavisa30

Oct 9, 2013
I submitted my online application for TRV on Oct 3 in the US.

Have a few questions

1) What to expect next?
It has been one week, I have not received any further updates in my message center. Is this normal?
When I do hear from them, what are the following steps to obtain my visa?

2) How will I receive my visa?
Am I expecting to receive a paper/sticker that I need to insert in my passport or will I be mailing them my passport for stamping?

3) Anyone who has recently gone through the process with the New york office, how long is it taking nowadays? The website says 32 days.

Thanks!

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
usually a medical is not required for TRV - but if they need it, you'll get an email and message on myCIC to get a medical done.

Once the visa is approved, you'll get an email and message on your myCIC account asking you to mail in your passport.

And that's it. You mail in your passport and the consulate stamps a visa on it and mails it back to you. The return time has known to vary a lot. It's anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

allen861

Oct 18, 2013
Do you have any update? I applied on Oct. 9th . Nothing happens next.

Canadavisa30 said:
I submitted my online application for TRV on Oct 3 in the US.

Have a few questions

1) What to expect next?
It has been one week, I have not received any further updates in my message center. Is this normal?
When I do hear from them, what are the following steps to obtain my visa?

2) How will I receive my visa?
Am I expecting to receive a paper/sticker that I need to insert in my passport or will I be mailing them my passport for stamping?

3) Anyone who has recently gone through the process with the New york office, how long is it taking nowadays? The website says 32 days.

Thanks!