+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLINE APPLICATION (PHILIPPINES)

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
smallbird2013 said:
I got CIC's request for passport an hour ago.

67 days in all...... way shorter than 15 weeks - paper application

Congratulations Dipta.

Lucky you!Congrats! Please tell us how much would be the cost of your airfare.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
smallbird2013 said:
I got CIC's request for passport an hour ago.

67 days in all...... way shorter than 15 weeks - paper application

Congratulations Dipta.
Thanks and congrats to you too.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@sweetjelly: Airlines from Manila to Toronto
1. Philippine Airlines
2. EVA Air (via Taipei)
3. Cathay Pacific (via Hong Kong)
4. Korean Air (via Seoul)
5. Emirates (via Dubai)
6. Etihad Aiways (via Abu Dhabi)
7. KLM (via Amsterdam)
I did a little mock bookings and I found out that EVA Air offers the cheapest at around $980 one-way fare, although you will endure an 8h stopover in Taipei.

smallbird2013

Apr 5, 2013
I saw a few ad on "first time immigrant fare" and inquired a couple of local travel agencies whether they can offer the same discounted rates to students. No response yet.

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
smallbird2013 said:
I saw a few ad on "first time immigrant fare" and inquired a couple of local travel agencies whether they can offer the same discounted rates to students. No response yet.
h

Please keep us updated re: airfare. May I know what school intake are you going and what school.

Jxx

May 1, 2013
Hello,

Congratulation for both of you guys.

In the request for passport, have you been given the address of the destination to send the passports to, is it the same country of applying (which you filled in the application) are they asking you to provide any more information with the passport so the officer will know that you have been granted a visa?

moreover, you will be given the TRV on your passport, however, did you receive the study permit by email or something?

Thanks and congratulation once more.

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Jxx said:
Hello,

Congratulation for both of you guys.

In the request for passport, have you been given the address of the destination to send the passports to, is it the same country of applying (which you filled in the application) are they asking you to provide any more information with the passport so the officer will know that you have been granted a visa?

moreover, you will be given the TRV on your passport, however, did you receive the study permit by email or something?

Thanks and congratulation once more.
They require you to send the passport in the country you are applying. I didn't receive my study permit letter yet becsasu my passport hasn't reached to them yet.

Jxx

May 1, 2013
Please update us, on how long it took after they receive your passport? and if they require anymore information during this period. And if they give you the study permit letter with your passport or online.

Thanks dude

smallbird2013

Apr 5, 2013
@ Jxx

After giving some details of my passport, address , contact information and pick up schedule. I remember asking several questions to the call center agent who took my call since I opted to use the service of courier rather than do it my self ( can't be absent from work twice- drop off and pick up).

According to the agent, the passport will be picked by Air 21 ( official courier); sent to Canadian Embassy in Manila for stamping of visa and along with study permit will be returned to same pick up address by Air 21. Turn around of the stamped passport and study permit depends on the work load at the embassy but she indicated that historically it ranged from 1 week to 4 weeks. One can call the center for follow-up, charges apply @ P32/min.

I called last Friday and arranged the schedule, my passport;print out of 'request for passport letter' and; P350 fee is scheduled for pickup tomorrow (May 14) here at home.

I hope this helped you in a way.

Are you in same situation?

Jxx

May 1, 2013
Hello Smallbird,

Not exactly the same. I applied online on 7th May and still. But I was happy to find that people applying online received "request for passport" within one month.

I also wanted to know what is next, but really 4 weeks for return of passport is long ! (2 weeks acceptable)

I hope things go well for me, too.

good luck for everyone.

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Jxx: Are you sure applicants via online facility get passport requests within one month? I applied April 19 and until now I'm still waiting for a notification from the Canadian Embassy for the medical examinations.

@Potpot: How's your application? Any news about the request for medical exam? I am getting doubtful that online application will make your application easier and faster. Paper applications seems to be more convenient anyway since you'll send all requirements all at once. Unlike online wherein, wherein there's a possibility that you have to send several documents at different times which can delay the process.

POTPOT

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-01-2021
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-11-2021
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
01-03-2023
Med's Done....
20-03-2023
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
DocRZ said:
@ Jxx: Are you sure applicants via online facility get passport requests within one month? I applied April 19 and until now I'm still waiting for a notification from the Canadian Embassy for the medical examinations.

@ Potpot: How's your application? Any news about the request for medical exam? I am getting doubtful that online application will make your application easier and faster. Paper applications seems to be more convenient anyway since you'll send all requirements all at once. Unlike online wherein, wherein there's a possibility that you have to send several documents at different times which can delay the process.
Hello Docrz,

I still dont have any updates on my SP app. Some applicants get their med req the following day upon submission of docs. May be online applications varies on country where you live in. The one i mentioned above lives in pakistan. I'm expecting an email or response from them one of these days since it's my 6th week today.

POTPOT

Star Member
Apr 13, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-01-2021
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-11-2021
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
01-03-2023
Med's Done....
20-03-2023
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
smallbird2013 said:
@ Jxx

After giving some details of my passport, address , contact information and pick up schedule. I remember asking several questions to the call center agent who took my call since I opted to use the service of courier rather than do it my self ( can't be absent from work twice- drop off and pick up).

According to the agent, the passport will be picked by Air 21 ( official courier); sent to Canadian Embassy in Manila for stamping of visa and along with study permit will be returned to same pick up address by Air 21. Turn around of the stamped passport and study permit depends on the work load at the embassy but she indicated that historically it ranged from 1 week to 4 weeks. One can call the center for follow-up, charges apply @ P32/min.

I called last Friday and arranged the schedule, my passport;print out of 'request for passport letter' and; P350 fee is scheduled for pickup tomorrow (May 14) here at home.

I hope this helped you in a way.

Are you in same situation?

Hi small bird,

Can you share us your timeline please. Thank you.

Jxx

May 1, 2013
DocRZ said:
@ Jxx: Are you sure applicants via online facility get passport requests within one month? I applied April 19 and until now I'm still waiting for a notification from the Canadian Embassy for the medical examinations.

@ Potpot: How's your application? Any news about the request for medical exam? I am getting doubtful that online application will make your application easier and faster. Paper applications seems to be more convenient anyway since you'll send all requirements all at once. Unlike online wherein, wherein there's a possibility that you have to send several documents at different times which can delay the process.
No, I am not sure. But I judged from other people experience and on CIC website there are no tracking for TRV application becuase they say it does not take long time. Did you receive a medical test request from them or any new message after the "application received" message which you receive after paying your fees ?.