+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application at cic.gc.ca needs no application documents?

tempuser123

Jun 18, 2024
Hello

I am applying (as an unpaid representative - family member) for a Visitor Visa - for parents. It is not a Supervisa. Its just a Temporary Resident Visa or Visitor Visa.

I have applied many times as a representative in the past for many other reasons as well so I am quite familiar. However this new application process has got me thinking.

For applying this time, there is a ton of questions (questions below) you answer and then upload a few documents (such as US non immigrant visa, Passports, etc.) however there is no place to upload IMM5257.pdf (the actual application). There is a limit of 2MB per file so I cannot combine all the documents I have as they exceed the 2 MB limit and under additional documentation - you can upload only one document. Bizarre.

So my question is - where have people been uploading the actual application (IMM5257.pdf) and other documents?

Cheers

tempuser123

-------------------

Questions

Apply to visit, study or work in Canada as a temporary resident
Representative
Travel document information of the applicant
Travel document of the applicant
Citizenship and places where the applicant has lived
National identity document of the applicant
Names used in the past
Contact information of the applicant
Biometrics (fingerprints and photo) of the applicant
Invitation
Finances
Information about education, work and other activities
Travel history
Travel history (continued)
Criminality and security
Criminality and security questions
Medical background questions
Medical background questions- Tuberculosis
Family information
Children
Tell us about your parents
Language of the applicant
Email address of applicant
Telephone number of the applicant

mahsakh

May 10, 2024
Hello

I am applying (as an unpaid representative - family member) for a Visitor Visa - for parents. It is not a Supervisa. Its just a Temporary Resident Visa or Visitor Visa.

I have applied many times as a representative in the past for many other reasons as well so I am quite familiar. However this new application process has got me thinking.

For applying this time, there is a ton of questions (questions below) you answer and then upload a few documents (such as US non immigrant visa, Passports, etc.) however there is no place to upload IMM5257.pdf (the actual application). There is a limit of 2MB per file so I cannot combine all the documents I have as they exceed the 2 MB limit and under additional documentation - you can upload only one document. Bizarre.

So my question is - where have people been uploading the actual application (IMM5257.pdf) and other documents?

Cheers

tempuser123

-------------------

Questions

Apply to visit, study or work in Canada as a temporary resident
Representative
Travel document information of the applicant
Travel document of the applicant
Citizenship and places where the applicant has lived
National identity document of the applicant
Names used in the past
Contact information of the applicant
Biometrics (fingerprints and photo) of the applicant
Invitation
Finances
Information about education, work and other activities
Travel history
Travel history (continued)
Criminality and security
Criminality and security questions
Medical background questions- Tuberculosis
Family information
Children
Tell us about your parents
Language of the applicant
Email address of applicant
Telephone number of the applicant
If you are referring to the new portal, you will need to answer all these questions when you are filling up the application. They have changed the forms to a questionnaire style format. You'll answer the questions and at the end the portal will determine what documents you need to submit.

tempuser123

Jun 18, 2024
@mahsakh your answer makes sense, but the CIC process does not make sense :)

To be clear, for others in this situation, I used the newer https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/ portal for submitting the application. Had to submit minimal set of documents, and the documents were based on the questions I answered (e.g do you have a current US Visa > yes > then the document section specifically asks for this document).

The applicant already has a UCI number, and we said yes to "are biometric valid" (which they are), and in 2 minutes after applying, the portal was able to figure out his biometrics number, etc. and it immediately said "no additional information/documents is required". So I am guessing this will be done in 1-2 weeks timeframe. The factor that helps is they visited us before in Canada multiple times, and also hold a USA visa.

Now, on the flip side, the other older website at https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca is making me submit pretty much all the documents including the PDF application.

It does not make any sense why CIC would maintain two different portals for the same process - and the process itself is different in the two portal. Well, our tax dollars hard at work.