24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Hello Guys,

I am applying ONIP as an outland applicant. I used to live in Canada for years, so I have a local Canadian Bank account. And I have met the "settlement fund" requrinment on my Canadian Bank account alone.

I noticed that most of these posts have said that the bank statements/ bank letter shall be stamped by the bank.

The Canadian Bank that I am using doesn't operate in the country that I am currently residing.

How am I supposed to get "stamped/signed" original paper bank statements? Do I have to travel to Canada for once, just to get thsoe paperworks?

I have already submitted my ONIP application package, and then I have only printed out "e-statements" of the last 6 months from my Canadian Bank Account. <- Is this not enough?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the past, CIC has refused applications submitted with online statements. OIP might (or might not) be different in their treatment of applications with online statements. However, OINP has been extremely nice to applicants in the past by providing them an opportunity to clarify any deficiencies in their documentation. If getting the statements stamped/signed right away is a problem, take a chance and submit the OINP application along with online statements along with a short note explaining your inability to submit signed/stamped statements. Simultaneously, explore the possibilities of getting such statements in the near future from Canada.

All the best!

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Asivad Anac said:
In the past, CIC has refused applications submitted with online statements. OIP might (or might not) be different in their treatment of applications with online statements. However, OINP has been extremely nice to applicants in the past by providing them an opportunity to clarify any deficiencies in their documentation. If getting the statements stamped/signed right away is a problem, take a chance and submit the OINP application along with online statements along with a short note explaining your inability to submit signed/stamped statements. Simultaneously, explore the possibilities of getting such statements in the near future from Canada.

All the best!
Thanks!
The problem is, my application has already arrived at their office.

Would it be a good idea to send them another mail explaining that to them? Or should I wait until they actually contact me to ask me for clarification?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cococly said:
Thanks!
The problem is, my application has already arrived at their office.

Would it be a good idea to send them another mail explaining that to them? Or should I wait until they actually contact me to ask me for clarification?
No harm sending them a mail right upfront or waiting for them to ask for clarifications. Either approach is fine.