September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
PTJ said:
...it might be in the post already. Why not call CIC to confirm?
I just called this morning, and the guy who helped me confirmed that it was approved last May 5, 2015 :D :D :D

now all i need to do is to wait for it to appear in our mailbox..i hope soon.. :)

did you received yours already? congrats btw

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
raffylopezcutora said:
I just called this morning, and the guy who helped me confirmed that it was approved last May 5, 2015 :D :D :D

now all i need to do is to wait for it to appear in our mailbox..i hope soon.. :)

did you received yours already? congrats btw
Wow! Congratulations! :)

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raffylopezcutora said:
...told you! ;D :D ;D

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
xxxma3dl said:
Wow! Congratulations! :)
thanks...

any update on your OWP?

PTJ said:
...told you! ;D :D ;D

i am really looking forward to it this week ;D

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
raffylopezcutora said:
thanks...

any update on your OWP?

i am really looking forward to it this week ;D
None yet, probably next week... Crossing my fingers :)

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Hey just wanted to let everyone know there is lots of good hope for OWP applications in the pilot program!

Just received my OWP valid for 2 years, case 27 via Canadapost snail mail. ;)

03 March 2015, PR App sent with OWP app
29 March 2015, AOR for PR app
07 May 2015, AOR for sponsor app.
12 May 2015, OWP issued under the pilot program
19 May 2014, OWP received!!

Very happy today :D :D 8)

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
xxxma3dl said:
None yet, probably next week... Crossing my fingers :)
i hope you will have yours soon too :)

danny87 said:
Hey just wanted to let everyone know there is lots of good hope for OWP applications in the pilot program!

congrats to you

Capa

Aug 11, 2013
Hi All,
I would like to share my case
Sent my PR : first week of December 2014
In march I got confirmation email that they recived my aplication
Sent my OWP: first week of January 2015 and till today a big nothing!
Not even email to confirm that they recived my aplication
Almost 4,5 moth pass. I am so so so worried.
I have not call the callcenter yet.

Amzsnash

Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share my case to give everyone hope.

OWP application received by CIC: Jan 17th 2015
Recieved visa: May 19th 2015

It just turned up in my mailbox today out of the blue. :D

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
I thought I'd put a little update on here as per my experiences at Service Ontario trying to apply for OHIP with the new devalued OWP.

According to Service Ontario, a "Work Permit" of "Case Type 27" is not actually a work permit, therefore it's completely useless in attempting to get OHIP.
I asked about the "unofficial letter from an employer", that's a misnomer. That is if you have an actual work permit (not case type 27).

What they want is your AIP. So to apply for OHIP you need your AIP, and the Case Type 27 Work Permit is not even part of the process.

In other words, even if they let you apply, you likely won't get anything after the 3 months it takes to get it.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
I thought I'd put a little update on here as per my experiences at Service Ontario trying to apply for OHIP with the new devalued OWP.

According to Service Ontario, a "Work Permit" of "Case Type 27" is not actually a work permit, therefore it's completely useless in attempting to get OHIP.
I asked about the "unofficial letter from an employer", that's a misnomer. That is if you have an actual work permit (not case type 27).

What they want is your AIP. So to apply for OHIP you need your AIP, and the Case Type 27 Work Permit is not even part of the process.

In other words, even if they let you apply, you likely won't get anything after the 3 months it takes to get it.
For some reason I wasn't surprised by that. A lot of people getting OWP under the pilot program was going to having difficulty in getting OHIP since it doesn't prove that the applicant is actually qualified for PR under principle like AIP does.

A few people applied for OWP under the pilot program probably doesn't really want to work or has no intention to work but to get access to OHIP before AIP stage.

I wasn't surprised to see a flood of applicants applying for OHIP the moment they received their OWP even though they haven't been approved at AIP stage.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
For some reason I wasn't surprised by that. A lot of people getting OWP under the pilot program was going to having difficulty in getting OHIP since it doesn't prove that the applicant is actually qualified for PR under principle like AIP does.

A few people applied for OWP under the pilot program probably doesn't really want to work or has no intention to work but to get access to OHIP before AIP stage.

I wasn't surprised to see a flood of applicants applying for OHIP the moment they received their OWP even though they haven't been approved at AIP stage.
I'm a little surprised. I thought the reason CIC started the pilot program was because they were working miserably slow and wanted to let people live normal lives after having waited a year and a half and gotten nothing.
You get AIP after you're accepted as a sponsor. What criteria do sponsors even fail? Does it take this long to determine if I'm recently divorced or if I'm on social assistance? Just check with CRA, it should take 15 minutes to approve a sponsor. That's besides the point.

Living in Ontario without OHIP is incredibly annoying. The entire health care system is built on the basis that you have OHIP. Yes you can get supplemental travel insurance, but like you even pointed out you can scarcely get drug/dental/vision/anything coverage without having OHIP. Very few clinics accept anything but OHIP. It's incredibly annoying.

Anyone can spin this as the ungrateful immigrant coming to wonderful Canada and complaining about the land of plenty, but this is unfair.

I'm a Canadian citizen, and my wife has no right to health care even after living here for 1.5 years and applying for PR over a year ago.
If I was a foreign worker with a Work Permit, my wife would be entitled to an OWP and Health Care.
If I was a foreign student with a Study Permit, my wife would be entitled to an OWP and Health Care.

Honestly, I don't care how hard we're trying to attract Foreign Workers and Students. I'm a Canadian home owner, still making a single wage to support my family, still paying property, federal, provincial, and bonus medical taxes, just like any other family. Except only half of my family is eligible for Health Care. Why the prejudice against us?

My mother wasn't employed full time, my grandmother wasn't employed full time, my great grandmother wasn't employed full time. No one accused them of being mooches because they weren't working.
We're living off one income, and paying taxes off that one income, and we live here full time.
What exactly is the logic here? Everyone is only allowed one spouse, there's no real way to cheat this system.

I don't see how we're freeloaders just because my wife doesn't work full time.

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
danny87 said:

Danny, where did you see the status for OWP being issued? Are you just pulling that date off the letter your received with the OWP or did you get an email??

I just recieved my AOR for sponsorship on the 14th of May, so according to your timeline there is a chance my wife may get her OWP soon

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Hi Hooligander,

I couldn't track my OWP status. It just arrived by mail unannounced which made me very happy.

There was no letter included. The only thing in the envelope was the work permit.
The date of issuance is mentioned on the work permit as well as the expiry date so thats how I know.

Also there's a couple of remarks on my OWP. 1 states that it's issued , but there's a pending FC (Family Class) apr. (approval)
The other remarks I have are that I maintained my status as a temporary resident under R183(6) which basically means implied status as a temporary resident after my previous permit expired. (I had an open work permit until the 1st of May under the IEC initiative.)

Also I cannot follow any professional, educational or vocational courses and I cannot work doing massages or in anything sex-trade related (that last one made me laugh :p )

As to the AOR, I received one for my application for permanent residence on the 29th of march (applied the 3rd of march) and my wife received an AOR for her application and her UCI to sponsor me on the 7th of may. Before that second AOR we could not login to ECAS, but after that we could both login to ECAS which stated that they started processing her application to sponsor me at the 6th of May. I assume thats also when they started processing my OWP application so I guess it all depends on the case officer that has been assigned to your application package.

I hope this helps you!