+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One year Graduate Certificate * 2 = 3 year PGWP?

srk94

Feb 1, 2015
Hello!
I am planning to do Two 1 year graduate certificate programs from George Brown College starting this fall. They both are 8 months /2 semesters long.
I will be completing both of them in 16 months full time with a 3 month break after the first. Will I be eligible for a 3 year PGWP? If not, for what duration will I be eligible for?

Is it feasible to get a PR from some other province after graduating from Ontario?

I need some on ground conditions of the labour market for management graduates in Ontario. Is it tough to get a PR? The online information suggests its a no-go zone.

Please Advise.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
I am planning to do Two 1 year graduate certificate programs from George Brown College starting this fall. They both are 8 months /2 semesters long.
I will be completing both of them in 16 months full time with a 3 month break after the first. Will I be eligible for a 3 year PGWP? If not, for what duration will I be eligible for?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob194A.asp

Is it feasible to get a PR from some other province after graduating from Ontario?
well thats a difficult question to answer. u should read about various PNP programs and express entry.

srk94

Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the reply! :D

So in short, you do not need to study for 24 months to get a 3 year PGWP, 16 months is enough. Also please comment on the job prospects for immigrants in Toronto. Unemployment for management and business related PG holders etc.

:)

Divi707

Sep 19, 2014
hi
i too heard that if v complete our 8 months study nd dn move to province like manitoba or saskatchewan... then v can get pr in just 1.5 yrs ...i.e 1 yr of study nd 6 months of work.. ??? is this true ??

and also howz the employment scenario in toronto .. specialty related to business and commerce jobs ??

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

srk94 said:
Thanks for the reply! :D

So in short, you do not need to study for 24 months to get a 3 year PGWP, 16 months is enough. Also please comment on the job prospects for immigrants in Toronto. Unemployment for management and business related PG holders etc.

:)

16 months of 'academic' term (4 semesters) = 2 years of studies.

srk94

Feb 1, 2015
Yes even I need information about the same. I'll be graduating from 2 one year programs from Toronto and hoping to get a 3 year PGWP. 1. Is the PGWP valid only in the province from where I graduate or whole of Canada? :-\

2. Is it really difficult to find employment in Ontario within the 3 year PGWP?
:'( :( :eek:

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srk94 said:
Hello!
To be eligible for a 3 year work permit, you must complete a full-time program of at least two years, not two programs of one years in length like you are planning on doing. You would only get one year PGWP if you complete two one year programs.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srk94 said:
Yes even I need information about the same. I'll be graduating from 2 one year programs from Toronto and hoping to get a 3 year PGWP. 1. Is the PGWP valid only in the province from where I graduate or whole of Canada? :-\

2. Is it really difficult to find employment in Ontario within the 3 year PGWP?
:'( :( :eek:
1. it does not matter
2. no. it's up to you. If you get a decent job, everything will be ok. Most international student cant speak in English properly so that they tend to get labours jobs like housekeeping. You may see that most foreign students just pass the English test, but they are not good in English.

Good luck.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
GARJ said:
To be eligible for a 3 year work permit, you must complete a full-time program of at least two years, not two programs of one years in length like you are planning on doing. You would only get one year PGWP if you complete two one year programs.
completely incorrect advice please read the following link. if u do 2 one year programs u may get 3 years PGWP.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob194A.asp

Apr 17, 2021
Hi SRK94,

Can you help me with what did you do back then?

I am planning to do the same as you mentioned, so do we get 3 year PGWP after we have done 2 course with 16 month duration?

Atchu

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi SRK94,

Can you help me with what did you do back then?

I am planning to do the same as you mentioned, so do we get 3 year PGWP after we have done 2 course with 16 month duration?
I would also like to know about this. Someone advise on this, please