+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One day Border Crossing to USA

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
dnyfyn said:
Returning to Canada on the same day after going to USA; when you enter the data on residency calculator it shows 0 days. Is it correct?
Guys,
No need to get confused. You can find almost everything here on this link:

Residence Calculator
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq

Q4: When I try to calculate my absences, I get different numbers than the residence calculator. How does the residence calculator determine the number of days for each absence?

A4: The calculator uses the following rules to determine the number of days absent for each absence declared:

When calculating an absence, either the day you leave Canada or the day you return is considered an absence, but not both. For example, an absence between July 1, 2003 and July 15, 2003 equals 14 days of absence.
If you leave Canada and come back the same day, you do not have to declare an absence.
An absence on February 29 (leap day) is not counted as an absence, nor is it credited as a presence. See Question 5 for more information on leap days.
Total residence days ending in .5 are rounded up in your favour.
The total number of days absent includes all absences from Canada within the four-year period immediately preceding the date of your application. Because the time spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident is only credited as half-time, absences from Canada before you obtained permanent resident status are divided by two before they are included in the total number of days absent.

C. WHAT ABSENCES TO DECLARE

Q9: Do I have to declare day trips to the United States?

A9: No, not if you come back the same day.

Q10: I travel often to the United States and don't remember the exact dates. What do I do?

A10: To use the residence calculator, you must enter exact dates. If you do not know the exact number of days you were absent, try to calculate an estimated number and after you have printed your absence sheet, attach a hand written note to it indicating that the dates are approximate.

Q11: I travel often because of my work (truck driver, employee for an airline company, etc.). Do I have to declare those absences?

A11: Yes. All absences from Canada, regardless of the reason, must be declared. The only trips you do not have to declare are those where you left and came back to Canada on the same day.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Dear Donvalley,

I really appreciate your feedback.

I understand no need to declare if we return on the same day. However i'm kind of paranoid; lets say I declare a 0 day absence in the form, will it cause a problem?

Because in some places they use the word, that all absence / foreign travel should be declared.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dnyfyn said:
Dear Donvalley,

I understand no need to declare if we return on the same day. However i'm kind of paranoid; lets say I declare a 0 day absence in the form, will it cause a problem?

Because in some places they use the word, that all absence / foreign travel should be declared.
Don't get paranoid. When u use residency calculator it states that same day visits need not to be declared. Don't get confused

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
dnyfyn said:
Dear Donvalley,

@dnyfyn,
How many day trips do you have in total?
Do you have exact dates of trips?

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

As mentioned by Don Valley, you need not worry about Day trips to USA. If your I-94 is valid ( US normally issues it for 6 months), nobody will stamp you - either side I mean.

We travel a lot to US. Since I-94 has 6 months time - all your trips within that time are not stamped, otherwise, they have bombard your passport with stamps. Even Canadian side, they don't stamp when you come back.

Both sides - they scan your passport though. That is the system of recording your entry and exit.

Starting Sept 2012, US& Canada share each and every exit of "Third Country Nationals" ( ie Except US and Canada citizens). All the PRs on either side will have their passports scanned and details of entry and exit recorded.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html ( this is the website that shows your information.... Mostly accurate ::)

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should worry! If your I-94 was issued on the day you made that day trip, there will be a stamp in your passport. CIC's instructions tell you not to list that trip, but at the interview the officer may (and did in my case) ask you why that trip was not listed. I had two such stamps in my passport. That led to them issuing to me CIC 0520, RQ Lite.

It is absolutely a good idea to list day trips, particularly those where the Americans stamped your passport.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bambino said:
You should worry! If your I-94 was issued on the day you made that day trip, there will be a stamp in your passport. CIC's instructions tell you not to list that trip, but at the interview the officer may (and did in my case) ask you why that trip was not listed. I had two such stamps in my passport. That led to them issuing to me CIC 0520, RQ Lite.

It is absolutely a good idea to list day trips, particularly those where the Americans stamped your passport.
so what about other day trips in which the pp was not stamped?

so what's the status of your application now?

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can remember or kept a record of those dates, sure, list them.

Both of the agents that interviewed me (one after the other) went over the passport stamps and checked off the declared absences in a very mechanical fashion. That's why I stressed the importance of listing those day trips that resulted in a stamp.

As to the status... who the hell knows with these aholes in Edmonton.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bambino said:
If you can remember or kept a record of those dates, sure, list them.

Both of the agents that interviewed me (one after the other) went over the passport stamps and checked off the declared absences in a very mechanical fashion. That's why I stressed the importance of listing those day trips that resulted in a stamp.

As to the status... who the hell knows with these aholes in Edmonton.
Thank you, so shall i also declare same day non stamped absence other than same day stamped absence.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
I have made 4 trips outside Canada.

By the time I file it will be about 6 trips in total outside Canada.

I understand not to file the day trips. Lets say I write it; will it be a reason for them to reject my application and send it back to me.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dnyfyn said:
I have made 4 trips outside Canada.

By the time I file it will be about 6 trips in total outside Canada.

I understand not to file the day trips. Lets say I write it; will it be a reason for them to reject my application and send it back to me.
When theybhave said not to mention day trips then don't mention it.