+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On the spot oath!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That’s amazing! They should invite much more people to mass interviews, make a decision (if possible) and administer the oath then and there. Surely that would be far more efficient for IRCC and us.
It’s a pilot program. They are clearly seeing if this new system would work and if it works will expand it nationwide. Unclear how many offices are doing this and how many test cases are being performed before pilot program is assessed. There have been numerous changes in attempt to eliminate backlogs throughout IRCC.

Carolgirlcoss

Jan 26, 2023
That’s amazing! They should invite much more people to mass interviews, make a decision (if possible) and administer the oath then and there. Surely that would be far more efficient for IRCC and us.
I believe this is the way going forward, this pilot program seems to have been running for a while. Someone on here mentioned they participated in the late fall. It was very efficient and fast. Though I would have been nice for the pomp and ceremony. I appreciated just getting it over with.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Invite interview: January 24th 2023
Oath: January 24th, 2023

I attended interview, it was just a review of all my documents. Then they said we have a pilot program, you can take the oath today. I said yes, waited about 40 mins. Took the oath, got my certificate and that was that. Canadian citizen. Very overwhelmed most of this week. So happy this process is over and I am now a Canadian.
happy to answer questions
Congrats...When did you apply for Citizenship ?

Reactions: Carolgirlcoss

Carolgirlcoss

Jan 26, 2023
I think is based on the number of intervirews they can complete, as only people who passed the interview as able to take the oath. So there is that limitation.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Congratulations! On the spot oath is such a great idea. I think the pandemic forced IRCC to think a little outside the box.

What a pleasant surprise it must've been for you. While I'm a big fan of the ceremony per se, I guess sometimes it's ok to be practical instead.

Carolgirlcoss

Jan 26, 2023
Congratulations! On the spot oath is such a great idea. I think the pandemic forced IRCC to think a little outside the box.

What a pleasant surprise it must've been for you. While I'm a big fan of the ceremony per se, I guess sometimes it's ok to be practical instead.
Thank you, yes it was the most amazing thing and I am grateful I was able to get it. Yeah I dont mind not have the pomp, what matters is that this process is over and I am so excited to be a citizen. No matter how or where the ceremony took place!

Reactions: smash1984

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
I have an in person interview at the Mississauga office on March 13. Fingers crossed they do on the spot oath too!

pv=nrt

Jun 23, 2019
Invite interview: January 24th 2023
Oath: January 24th, 2023

I attended interview, it was just a review of all my documents. Then they said we have a pilot program, you can take the oath today. I said yes, waited about 40 mins. Took the oath, got my certificate and that was that. Canadian citizen. Very overwhelmed most of this week. So happy this process is over and I am now a Canadian.
happy to answer questions
congrats! did you know about oath before interview? did your tracker have any information about on the spot oath?