+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OMG i got so many questions ;D

chriswu1992

Oct 14, 2012
Hi,

For the evidence of travel history, are photocopies of the passport pages with stamps and visas valid? But since the applicant always sends the passport with the the application and the information are all there in the passport, does the applicant still need to photocopy those pages?

TY ALL

MayaLP

Oct 11, 2012
chriswu1992 said:
Hi,

For the evidence of travel history, are photocopies of the passport pages with stamps and visas valid? But since the applicant always sends the passport with the the application and the information are all there in the passport, does the applicant still need to photocopy those pages?

TY ALL
Hi,

Not sure if this helps but as evidence of my travel history, I sent in my ORIGINAL old and current passport, not photocopies.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Include in the cover letter, reference to the travel dates stamped in the PP and the purpose/duration of the visits. Include any visas as well.

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Forumites, I am planning an exploratory visit to Nova Scotia under the Community Identified Stream and i need help on how best to go about filling my forms to avoid pitfalls the VO capitalises on to deny people visa.

1. The first ques asked of UCI number- I am one of the Pre Feb 2008, can i write the file number i was given then here which usually start with B or this means another thing entirely.

2. Purpose of visit - Should i pick tourist visa or i pick others and in the next column write exploratory visit.

3. Name, address and relationship of any person or institution i will visit : what relationship will be best to be written that i have with the Regional Association that planned inviting me and also for places i love to visit like employers, schools, hopitals, banks, post office etc - what relation can one say he has with all these bodies since i am just going to see how things work.

4. Details of highest level of education : after stating it, is it compulsory i include a photocopy or original of such certificate despite i am not applying for student visa.

5. Details of employment in the last ten years: For previous work experiences, should i include original or photocopies of my letters of employment.

6. I have never served in the military, security, political or related organisation - Must i fill IMM 5257 Schedule 1

7. One of the requirement is saying Marriage certificate and birth certificate for each family member whether or not they are accompanying you - am i to put marriage and birth certificates of my brothers and sisters or that question relates to only me and my children.

I will be so happy if anyone experienced on these issue can urgently help out.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Hello!
hisaca said:
Forumites, I am planning an exploratory visit to Nova Scotia under the Community Identified Stream and i need help on how best to go about filling my forms to avoid pitfalls the VO capitalises on to deny people visa.

1. The first ques asked of UCI number- I am one of the Pre Feb 2008, can i write the file number i was given then here which usually start with B or this means another thing entirely.
-In my case the UCI number was in our interview letter i think, if you dont know dont put anything on it but for sure its not the B file number.

2. Purpose of visit - Should i pick tourist visa or i pick others and in the next column write exploratory visit.
-Its simple you wanna come as a tourist,just visit canada?then pick tourist if its a ocassion or something then click others and write the purpose of the visit

3. Name, address and relationship of any person or institution i will visit : what relationship will be best to be written that i have with the Regional Association that planned inviting me and also for places i love to visit like employers, schools, hopitals, banks, post office etc - what relation can one say he has with all these bodies since i am just going to see how things work.
-I guess if its not a specif person or family member then maybe write just regional association ..I dont know or sure on that one.

4. Details of highest level of education : after stating it, is it compulsory i include a photocopy or original of such certificate despite i am not applying for student visa.
-You do not need to include any proofs of certificate ,they just want the info.(unless you are still attending school and want to show that as a tie to your homeland then you need to prove that.

5. Details of employment in the last ten years: For previous work experiences, should i include original or photocopies of my letters of employment.
-No they just want the info you dont need to proove it. Unless its to show a tie to your homeland.

6. I have never served in the military, security, political or related organisation - Must i fill IMM 5257 Schedule 1
-If you havent served any of these then you do not need to fill schedule 1.

7. One of the requirement is saying Marriage certificate and birth certificate for each family member whether or not they are accompanying you - am i to put marriage and birth certificates of my brothers and sisters or that question relates to only me and my children.
-They do not ask for any certificate for family member ? they ask their background and all,and wether they are accompanying you or not. unless someone is accompanying you then you need the certificate.

I will be so happy if anyone experienced on these issue can urgently help out.

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
I am very grateful Shiny88. Words are not enough to express how happy and relieved i am. To prove my ties, i like to add the followings as well

1. Copy of my pension certificate
2. Copy of my life assurance policy
3. vehicle registration details
4. Copy of my apartment allocation showing ownership
5.copy of my fixed deposit certificate
6. copy of father's death certificate to show that my mum is a widow and i need to take care of her.

Altho i know approval depends on the discretion of the VO and not the number of documents, but do you think these documents are enough. What other evidence of home ties do you suggest i add.