Old Employment Reference Letter

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Please, I need your input on this.

Everything about my current job, including employment offer letter, pay stub and reference letter is available and ready to be used.

However, my previous employment reference letter is dated back to 2009, and this is from my home country. All effort to get an up to date one have proved abortive. Now, I am just wondering if I could use this employment reference letter.

Did anyone use an employment reference letter that is not up to date and was ask to bring a new one? Please share your case.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
PNPdirect

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
This whole issue of an up to date letter is such a pain. Surely a letter written at the time of employment would reflect a clearer picture of someone's duties than one written 9 years later. In fact, as. VO I would give it more credence as it was probably written with no bias toward being used for immigration purposes. My thought would be to try to get an updated letter and if that fails, include copy of your attempt with the original reference. If company is no longer viable, try to find date when it ceased. Anticipate and leave no room for questions in the mind of the VO. Good luck.

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pippin said:
This whole issue of an up to date letter is such a pain. Surely a letter written at the time of employment would reflect a clearer picture of someone's duties than one written 9 years later. In fact, as. VO I would give it more credence as it was probably written with no bias toward being used for immigration purposes. My thought would be to try to get an updated letter and if that fails, include copy of your attempt with the original reference. If company is no longer viable, try to find date when it ceased. Anticipate and leave no room for questions in the mind of the VO. Good luck.
+1 for that wonderful input and suggestion. I have emailed the company several times and have proof for it. Hopefully someone get back to me. If not I would have to what do what you suggested.

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nickyviky said:
is it required to have an latest date on reference letter..Mine is last years???
This is what I am trying to find out. Yours is still better, last year is recent enough

moose83

Star Member
Aug 3, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
25th Feb 2016
Med's Done....
27th Feb 2016
You can use what ever reference letter you have .. it's just the letter should mention your roles and responsibleilities adhering to your chosen NOC.

pnpdirect

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moose83 said:
You can use what ever reference letter you have .. it's just the letter should mention your roles and responsibleilities adhering to your chosen NOC.
Good to know. Thanks Moose83

britinvancouver

Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-07-2015
Passport Req..
22-09-2015
LANDED..........
07-10-2015
If the NOC I was doing in the UK is different to what I'm doing in Canada... are you saying it wouldn't count as foreign experience?

chohvally

Nov 7, 2014
Pippin said:
Thanks for this info, it helps me as well. I finally got in contact with my old boss but all my payment was cash back in 2011. He is willing to give me a reference letter but i will not be able to get pay stubs. Would the reference letter do the work?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
It all depends in what CIC asks for at the time. If you never had, or did not keep your pay stubs then include a cover letter to explain deficiencies and what you have done to try to supply the information.