Clara.g

Aug 22, 2024
Canada-ontario
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi I’m in need of some guidance.

I received 2 invitations to apply for PR, one through OINP via employer job offer foreign worker stream and the other one through Entry Express via CEC.
My question is do I submit all my documents and pay the fees to both and wait for the fastest one to reply or one is faster than the other one and I should only choose one.
And if I choose to submit and pay for both, am I going to be able to be reimbursed if one arrive before the other.

Thanks for all your guidance !

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Not sure if you can submit both, but I would tell you to make sure your employer is willing to fill the form required to apply through OINP.

If you're confident that you have all the documents required to apply for CEC, I would take that option. It's way faster than OINP. CEC may be 7-9 months to get PR, while with OINP could be 12-18 months. Also for OINP you have to pay fees to Ontario and then for the PR application, so you'll spend more.

Also, OINP will tie you to Ontario, CEC will let you live anywhere in Canada but Quebec. May not be a problem right now but you never now what may happen in the future.

Clara.g

Aug 22, 2024
Canada-ontario
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thank that is very helpful, I did not know that through OINP you had to pay Ontario and then PR application fees.
I already send all the paper and paid the fees via CEC, so I’m guessing I can just withdraw my application from OINP then.