+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP prospects for a diploma holder

eva0900

Sep 12, 2016
Hello all,

I am currently on PGWP, graduated with a three year diploma from a Canadian college in June 2015.

I just needed some advice from experts here regarding my situation.

As a diploma holder, what are my chances of getting nominated by Ontario? I know I won't be eligible under humans capital stream (whenever that opens) since that requires a minimum Bachelor's degree. The only option I have is to apply through 'international students with job offer'. But the problem is my employer will have to apply for pre-screening first (again whenever that stream opens too). And the timelines people have posted here look pretty discouraging (my PGWP is expiring in 1.5 yrs)

Again, I am not even sure if they are going to start taking in applications for employer pre-screening later this year. Ontario only said so for some streams and I don't know if it's included in that.

If anybody has any news/information that I am missing out on, please share. Just wanted to see if I should be even considering this in future.

Thanks,

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Everyone else is just as in the dark as you are.

No guarantee if they will keep or change the qualifications for International student with a job offer.

Wait and see what OINP will announce.