NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantduggal said:
Express Entry quick facts, from January 1, 2015 to October 19, 2016

Launch date: January 1, 2015
First draw from the pool: January 31, 2015
Most recent draw from the pool: October 19, 2016
Minimum CRS points required for selection in any one draw: 450 (September 18, 2015 & October 2, 2015)
Largest number of invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 1,804 (October 19, 2016)
Fewest invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 715 (April 17, 2015)
Largest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 273 (from May 22, 2015 to June 12, 2015 draws)
Smallest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (on three occasions)
Largest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 302 (from April 17, 2015 to May 22, 2015 draws)
Smallest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 0 (on three occasions)
Longest gap between two consecutive draws: 35 days (from April 17, 2015 to May 22, 2015 draws)
Shortest gap between two consecutive draws: 7 days (on eight occasions)
Total number of ITAs issued since system was launched: 54,965
Total number of ITAs issued in 2016: 23,092
Total number of ITAs issued in 2015: 31,063
prashantdugga: Great compilation:

-------
This number gives a lot of hope for applicants with AoR, waiting for NoMs.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a different question now regarding passports.
My passport is newer than 2 years, but our law is requesting to always return old document to the police department (they will be distroyed after that).
So I got new passport in 2015 but I starded Canada planning only in 2016.
This said there is no way I could forward copies of my old passport. Was anybody else in similar situation and how did you solve it?
I have already found the exact law that is requesting to return old passport to the police Office (but only in Slovak).
Thank you in advance for any advice.

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
vensak said:
I have a different question now regarding passports.
My passport is newer than 2 years, but our law is requesting to always return old document to the police department (they will be distroyed after that).
So I got new passport in 2015 but I starded Canada planning only in 2016.
This said there is no way I could forward copies of my old passport. Was anybody else in similar situation and how did you solve it?
I have already found the exact law that is requesting to return old passport to the police Office (but only in Slovak).
Thank you in advance for any advice.
I would recommend you do a Letter Of Explanation. Additionally, it may be possible to request a "certificate of destruction" or some documentation from the police department to indicate that the passport was actually destroyed in compliance with the law of the land.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gregrdyer said:
I would recommend you do a Letter Of Explanation. Additionally, it may be possible to request a "certificate of destruction" or some documentation from the police department to indicate that the passport was actually destroyed in compliance with the law of the land.
I can ask, but I have never heared about such thing here. What I have is the exact law from our country requesting us to return all old passports. So far I was unable to hit any english translation of this law. So worse case scenario I will have to let the extract of the law translated.

And honestly I was kind of until recently living in naivety that this is standard way how you handle your official ID and passports - you will return the old ones and get the new ones.

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
vensak said:
I can ask, but I have never heared about such thing here. What I have is the exact law from our country requesting us to return all old passports. So far I was unable to hit any english translation of this law. So worse case scenario I will have to let the extract of the law translated.

And honestly I was kind of until recently living in naivety that this is standard way how you handle your official ID and passports - you will return the old ones and get the new ones.
Is there a Canadian Embassy where you are at? If so, they would be familiar with the passport disposal process in your country. You can ask someone at that embassy for advice as well. In the interim, there is no harm in doing a Letter of Explanation to OINP, you can attach a notarized translation of the law and (if possible) also attach a letter or documentation from police department indicating that the passport has been destroyed.

So you have some options.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
vensak said:

If it's the LAW in your country then it's the LAW! A simple LoE explaining that it's not possible to submit because it was given back to the authorities as the law demands should suffice. They can fault you for following the law... But if you've travelled much I think you'll have a hard time remembering all the places you've been without the passport to verify the stamps so your personal history will be hard to fill out.

In my country we need to give our old passports in but we get them back stamped VOID.

I don't think you need to translate the law at this point, if they need that they should request that as supp. doc.

gregrdyer said:
Is there a Canadian Embassy where you are at? If so, they would be familiar with the passport disposal process in your country. You can ask someone at that embassy for advice as well. In the interim, there is no harm in doing a Letter of Explanation to OINP, you can attach a notarized translation of the law and (if possible) also attach a letter or documentation from police department indicating that the passport has been destroyed.

That's a good idea if you can speak to them, but theu will probably only be able to advice you with regards to the federal process, not with OINP... The embassy and consulates over here are next to impossible to speak to.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gregrdyer said:

I have checked carefully the whole passport law and date of destruction is mentioned there. However to be exact I would have to hit the specific law explanation for police officers how to handle with old recieved ID.

But the very best advice is to ask the embassy, thank you very much for that. It is very close here (in Austria, which is neighbour country), so they should be very well aware of the situation around (the part of returing old documents is not valid only in my country but in several other european countries as well). Thanks again.

I have called Embassy, but so far only answering machine, but i can still try to write to Ontario directly.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
MZASAM said:
prashantdugga: Great compilation:

-------
This number gives a lot of hope for applicants with AoR, waiting for NoMs.
Oh Yes. OiNP has picked up pace so as CIC. They are keeping their promise.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
If it's the LAW in your country then it's the LAW! A simple LoE explaining that it's not possible to submit because it was given back to the authorities as the law demands should suffice. They can fault you for following the law... But if you've travelled much I think you'll have a hard time remembering all the places you've been without the passport to verify the stamps so your personal history will be hard to fill out.

In my country we need to give our old passports in but we get them back stamped VOID.

I don't think you need to translate the law at this point, if they need that they should request that as supp. doc.

That's a good idea if you can speak to them, but theu will probably only be able to advice you with regards to the federal process, not with OINP... The embassy and consulates over here are next to impossible to speak to.
Luckily for me again, I can track back my travelling outside EU Schengen past 10 years (most of the time I was using online ticket reservations and I have still saved those E-tickets. Plus from some others I have photos where the date was stated directly on the name of the photo). Asking me to put down all the travel history in Schengen would be mad (it is so easy to go for few hours of shopping in Austria, Czech republic, Hungary or Poland). Honestly we do not consider that to really travel abroad anymore. More importantly during such visits you show your passport or travelling documents to nobody.
On a good side the police registers are getting EU connected when it comes to commiting crime in one country and then asking for certificate of a good character in another one.

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
prashantduggal said:
Oh Yes. OiNP has picked up pace so as CIC. They are keeping their promise.
even if they try to match their 2015 numbers, they have about 8000 ITA to be issued within the 2+ months left.
I think OINP and other provinces are pacing up to increase the overall ITAs issued in 2016 :)

Sandycool

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-04-2017
AOR Received.
11-04-2017
@jamaru: When did you send your application..? I received my AOR on 8th July as well but I haven't heard anything yet.. bit worried. :(

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
patnikrishna said:
even if they try to match their 2015 numbers, they have about 8000 ITA to be issued within the 2+ months left.
I think OINP and other provinces are pacing up to increase the overall ITAs issued in 2016 :)
This is great. :D

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gregrdyer said:
This is great. :D
There is problem there. For this year more immigrants were accepted from streams outside EE. If they want to keep overal immigrants amount the same, guess what will be lowered.....
Yes you are right, it will be EE and the old FSW system that will be hit the most.

Dheeraj1083

Jan 18, 2016
Hello friends and experts, I am a January Oinp FSW candidate..having being delivered my application on 7th January which was followed by AOR on 7th July.I have just received a mail stating the requirement of duplicate WES ECA report. I am the principal applicant and have forwarded the copy of ECA for myself and my spouse too. Now my query is do I need to authorise WES reports with Oinp/Cic for both of us or for me only? Since nothing regarding WES of my wife is written in email. Kindly guide

gregrdyer

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
vensak said:
There is problem there. For this year more immigrants were accepted from streams outside EE. If they want to keep overal immigrants amount the same, guess what will be lowered.....
Yes you are right, it will be EE and the old FSW system that will be hit the most.
This is not so great. :'(